Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Your best JBL find

Wow, the 033's weren't poked?

My best find is pair of DIY 001 wannabe:
    LE175DLH (both work, one still has 'Zilch plugz')
    N1200
    and D130 instead

Found curbside

Nope, everything is fine

The 033 tweeters look perfect. I'll have to find an ohm meter and test the speakers out to see if they actually are ok. The cabinets were actually in decent shape too, but I already have too many big speakers in the house. I never took apart a speaker before so I was surprised at the crossovers. They had some size and heft to them.

I'll have to assume that I lot of our stuff will end up on the curb when we croak if we don't leave specific instructions.

My best and my latest JBL finds

My best was a nice set of 1962 Olympus S8's, that I won in an local auction for $400.00
    And my latest a very nice set of Jubal's, missing one 126A for $100.00 at a garage sale.
    -Brad
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by xbartx View Post
    My best was a nice set of 1962 Olympus S8's, that I won in an local auction for $400.00
    And my latest a very nice set of Jubal's, missing one 126A for $100.00 at a garage sale.
    -Brad

Nice Brad! I think the Olympus are S7s though, either way very nice!

I have the original sales receipt showing it listed as S8. It also came with a sales brochure from 1962, It lists the S8 with these components. LE15A, 375, HL93 & LX5 and that is what was loaded in it. Did the S8 load change in years later?
    By the way, the sales receipt shows 1190.00 & 47.60 in tax
    -Brad

Wow! It is an S8. Very nice with the 375! Are they Blue? If you're ever in the St. louis area and need to store them I sure would do that for you!

L 110 Find, and more

First of all let me introduce myself. Otto Man, Ellicott City, Maryland. I'm 55 but I feel 33. My ears are 55 though.
    At least 16 JBL speakers in this house. Dating from 1975 through today.
    One day at work I saw a bulletin board posting for "Speakers for Sale". It said "JBL speakers, too heavy, must sell, $100 for the pair". I investigated and it was a pair of L 110's, perfect condition except for I guess dorm room scratches, really minor. I listened to them on some blah system, cranked, and said OOOKKKAAAYYY.
    That was 30 years ago. Having the woofers re-coned this week. Doing the final touches on my reconditioning of an Empire Troubador Mark III turntable. Time to break out the Lava Lamps. Thinking about new grill clothes. I think I would like to get grills like the quad orange L-100's. Or black cloth. Any hints on how to get those grill frames seperated? I'll search here but feel free to step in if you are bored.
    The best speakers in the world.
    Chris

I scored an AM6215/95 for $400. Wish there were two more!

I guess it would be these.
    Now where to put them
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Are you asking for suggestions?

Welcome to the Forum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Man View Post
    First of all let me introduce myself. Otto Man, Ellicott City, Maryland. I'm 55 but I feel 33. My ears are 55 though.
    One day at work I saw a bulletin board posting for "Speakers for Sale". It said "JBL speakers, too heavy, must sell, $100 for the pair". I investigated and it was a pair of L 110's, perfect condition except for I guess dorm room scratches, really minor. I listened to them on some blah system, cranked, and said OOOKKKAAAYYY.
    That was 30 years ago. Having the woofers re-coned this week. Doing the final touches on my reconditioning of an Empire Troubador Mark III turntable. Time to break out the Lava Lamps. Thinking about new grill clothes. I think I would like to get grills like the quad orange L-100's. Or black cloth. Any hints on how to get those grill frames seperated? I'll search here but feel free to step in if you are bored.
    Chris
    With 16 JBL speakers you belong here!

Local folks are always appreciated (no offense to the westies ...)!
    16 speakers sounds like lots of fun!
    Welcome to this crazy place!

That was 30 years ago. Having the woofers re-coned this week.
    Chris
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

just snagged a beautiful pair of L-16's , sound great.

they seem very similar in config to L-19's , arent those the non-pro 4301b ?

anybody know the L16/L19/4301 dynamic ?
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Are you asking for suggestions?
    I'll bet you have some ideas.

Thinking about new grill clothes. I think I would like to get grills like the quad orange L-100's. Or black cloth. Any hints on how to get those grill frames seperated? I'll search here but feel free to step in if you are bored.
    Chris
    Chris, those L110 grilles are very difficult to get apart as the wood frame is glued to plastic outer frame. I tried taking a couple of them apart after searching for suggestions and finding some in the forum. I didn't have much luck, I ended up breaking the wood and the plastic. The actual overall frame size is the same as the L100. I did have Roger from Foam Trends make me a pair of L110 frames, with them he also sent me a pair of the JBL cloth grille inserts JBL sold to replace the rotting L100 foam inserts. He used MDF and walnut to make the new L110 frames. To make them look like the original L110 frames with the cloth, I will have to paint the walnut semi-gloss black and figure out a way to install the grille cloth so that it is flush with the front of the frame like the original.

Good luck.

Larry

Thread Information