Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Your best JBL find

I didnt read through all the posts, but i might have the best score. I went into a salvation army and found a black pair of sovereign I's. They had a price of $50 each, but i came on the 1/2 off day, so i got the pair for $50. Everything inside was perfect, and everything had wax seals. I took great pictures, and offered the components on ebay, with the option of picking up or delivery of the cabs. I sold them for $2900 to a guy in L.A. who was so stoked when we showed up...i wish i had kept those pics, as it's almost unbelievable.

I'm not sure if this counts because the deal is widely available to everyone right now on ebay: two pair of L830s direct from JBL shipped to my door for $380. Yeah, they're small and "remanufactured", but the exact ones are listed on JBL's website for $455 as remanufactured or $650 new for one pair. And that's before tax and shipping. The lowest I found with Google was $329, but I don't know if I trust some of those places. Mine came in new packaging and appear to be new - can't find a single thing wrong with them - and have a full factory warranty. So, that's like 60% off (or 70% off of new.)

Oh yeah, they both feature consecutive serials. (Yoo Hoo!)

Still looking for some 250Ti to show up in the local Nifty Nickel.

Almost forgot: Picked up a new pair of 120Tis and a new Sony TSR-GX60ES in 1991 for $900. The speaker stands and monster cable was thrown in for free. Not too bad, considering how much enjoyment they continue to provided.
    Sony N55ES (2), E1000ESD, C85ES - JBL 120Ti | Onkyo TX-SR605 - JBL L830 (4), LC1 (1) | Dell - Pioneer SX-750 - JBL 4406

short_circutz
    A pair of 2242 w/o cabinets for free from a local bar. They didn't wanna pay to get them reconed, and they replaced them with a couple of speakers from a Yorkville elite sub.

I just have to finish my new cabinets for them.

Beautiful pair of L-166A's - Horizons that only needed surrounds - $5/pr.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

End of thread really....... $5 wow

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    $5 wow..... End of thread really
    End of thread ?? naw , I enjoy reading about other members finds too, makes me try harder..

the funny part of it was that I had just sold the 4412's for $500 and I like the L-166's as well if not better.
    (but it did take 3 days of detailing to get them to where I wanted them)

and my friend had got a pair of L-166's there just 2 months earlier for $10/pr. ...my deal was only $5 better..

reglued grills
    repaired grill posts
    resurrounded and rotated LFs
    glued T nuts
    pulled the twist locks and replaced w/gold 5 ways
    veneer light sanding and refinish
    flat black touch up to baffle
    treated black grills that were grey when I bought them
    etc..etc.

Aw shucks

Hey SEAWOLF97, how about a shot of those L166's with grilles off?

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by LRBacon View Post
    Hey SEAWOLF97, how about a shot of those L166's with grilles off?

Larry
    I've only got this 1 On and 1 OFF shot ...but they both kinda look same-same. ( and since this shot, I rotated the LF's 180 to combat any-maybe spider sag - they are at least 27 y.o.)

Hornz.....

How about 5 2360a horns + 5 2446j comp. drivers for $ 227.00 ? Don't have any current photos, but I've got all the horns cleaned up and re-painted now. My better half is getting me diaphragms for x-mas. In case you're wondering....... the horns in this picture are just sitting on (or rather in....) the 210 VOTT cabinets. That's a 61" Mitsubishi TV in the middle.

I got one, or two

Well I picked up this pristine pair of L112's for $250 which I happily paid.
    He also had a pair of L-19's which he wanted $100 for... and I looked around and asked what do you want for that big receiver? He replied that he would throw it in with a kenwood KD-750 record player if I paid for the L-19's. Sure!

He also had all the paperwork, boxes, etc.

Not bad for the other stuff... does that count?

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerXX View Post
    How about 5 2360a horns + 5 2446j comp. drivers for $ 227.00 ? Don't have any current photos, but I've got all the horns cleaned up and re-painted now. My better half is getting me diaphragms for x-mas. In case you're wondering....... the horns in this picture are just sitting on (or rather in....) the 210 VOTT cabinets. That's a 61" Mitsubishi TV in the middle.

That’s no moon, its JBL system.
    Lord almighty that is a JBL system from hell!

Is that rear projecting TV monitor in the middle of all that? Well at least you’ve got your JBL priorities right.

00Robin
    At the risk of pure hate: Lancers 101WX sequential serial #'s, sequential woof's LE14A's ,Mids 4 numbers apart,surely a grab from the parts rack out of sequence. SOLID Walnut,Marble tops and nary a speck or spot or ding or anything. Every bit of paperwork still in the yellow envelopes taped on the back and, AND eight whole minutes away. Purchased from the son of his Dad who bought these Lancers brand new to match marble topped bedroom furniture in that grand period of real furniture,remember dovetailed joints?;who are both perfectionists,sentimental darlings, AND foster homes for the Lab Rescue League. Makes you KNOW there are still fine,fine people out there.
    And they like me, because like my parents,anything we buy from great people,they can ALWAYS buy back at the exact price paid,whenever they wish ,IF whenever they would wish. Because sometimes,years later you long for what you once loved and we have done the same ourselves. It's called love,gracious living,giving,and a very good aura for kindred souls.
    AND,whatever we own or buy, remains as perfect or better than when it came. Hence,the later longing will bring the same perfection that left,no matter how many years in between. With love.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerXX View Post
    My better half is getting me diaphragms for x-mas.
    Evidently your good taste and wise choices are not limited to speakers . . .
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

... Fat Bottomed Girls You Make the Rockin' World Go Round.

Thread Information