Thread: Martroy Electronics

Martroy Electronics

This is for my fellow Chicago'nites, I only know of one place here in the Chicago area that recones JBL products, it is Martroy Electronic's on 63rd and Kedzie. Has anyone ever used thier services. I don't want them to turn my woofers into Edirol's(those great speakers from Circuit City that I been hearing about). Or should I send them to Orange County?

rgrjit8
    Well.....I think they're bit high but I felt that they did quality work on a fried Altec 416 - 8A that I brought them.

OTOH, they kind of bummed me out when I was having crossover problems (not entirely resolved yet). I had isolated the problem my own bad self to an autoformer that performed intermittently. Pressing down on the autoformer eliminated the problem. I took it to them knowing that they probably couldn't replace the autoformer, but AT LEAST that they could resolder it to tighten up the contact.

I got it back and found that they had "fixed it" by drilling a couple holes through the PCB and cinching the autoformer down with a fancified garbage tie. I was disappointed.
    About 50 bucks worth of disappointed.

Anyway, it's worth the trip just to drool on some of the equipment there. (All pretty high IMHO)
    Be sure to check out the big-ass Marantz Esotec series amp. 400 wpc worth of sheer class. I think the model number is SM-1000. He claims to have 4 of them.

I have only been Martroy a couple of times. When I inquired as to the price of some of the vintage items, the response I received was about 2-3X what the item sells for on eBay.

At any rate, you should also give Deltronics a call. While speaking with them on another matter, I mentioned that I had some JBL speakers that needed reconing and the representative stated they could do it and had done many JBL speakers. I have never used them, but they have always been very courteous to me on the phone. Give them a call; they should be listed in the book and if not I am sure I can locate the number for you. Good Luck.

Thread Information