Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL Speaker List - draft!

JBL Speaker List - draft!

I created a list of systems, speaker drivers, horns & xovers last night to try to clear up my confusion reading all these threads while looking for advice on my purchase/build of L300's. I kinda like spreadsheets and I think this might be useful as a good reference "database" summary. More scope and sheets could be added by me as I learn. If you like, or if this duplicates an existing similar edit-able tool, pls comment and/or revise pls!

Ohoh - I can't figure out how to attach the s/s (anyone help?)
    - Roy
    Last edited by remusr; 12-10-2005 at 03:24 PM. Reason: trying to attach s/s - how do I do it?

Obsolete
    You mean like these?

I'm sure alot of people have alot of them but post what you have anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by remusr
    Ohoh - I can't figure out how to attach the s/s (anyone help?)
    - Roy
    I think Giskard has done that for you...........

RIP 2009
    Hey Giskard - 'any chance of getting those tables in spreadsheet form, or at least the last one in a little higher resolution? 'Anything I could do in return?

John

Speaker list

Thx there - lots of info in your sheets and I expected I would not be the first. But mine is a bit different in that it is a cross-reference and it is editable - not an image file - so you can update it, extract from it and build on it.
    **I have attached it as an Excel S/S but renamed with ".doc" extension. So if you save it and rename it to ".xls" extension you can open it in Excel.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    Hey Giskard - 'any chance of getting those tables in spreadsheet form, or at least the last one in a little higher resolution? 'Anything I could do in return?

John
    They are images of Excel spreadsheets (converted over from Quattro Pro spreadsheets from the very early 90's). I simply pasted them into Paint Shop Pro for ease of posting. They'll end up in the Technical Reference section at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by remusr
    **I have attached it as an Excel S/S but renamed with ".doc" extension. So if you save it and rename it to ".xls" extension you can open it in Excel.
    I looked at it briefly. Several errors but you've got the idea. For the Pro info you can look here:

http://www.jblproservice.com/navigat...%20Charts.html

BTW - I'm still looking for a DBA who can build us a relational database for the site.

quick question Giskard

In the 004 system there is a 4 before the D123, what does this denote ?
    I noticed a 2 or 4 in this column on other systems.

Thanks
    LE15-Thumper
    "Give me JBL, or give me death"

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by LE15-Thumper
    In the 004 system there is a 4 before the D123, what does this denote ?
    I noticed a 2 or 4 in this column on other systems.

Thanks
    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...1957/page8.jpg

OK, Thanks
    LE15-Thumper
    "Give me JBL, or give me death"

Giskard,

Those are nice lists. I was curious about the notes on the first list. Are you working toward a complete list of enclosures for each system, or are they what you know from your personal experience? I ask because I noticed that a number of cabinets aren't listed that can be found in the literature on this site. Here is a link to one I know http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...1967/chart.jpg

I too started making a similar list. I just did it to help me learn what's what.

Roy,
    I down-loaded your list but I need to install Excel on my computer (I've used Lotus 123 since DOS days). Probably next week, I'll install Office. I look forward to seeing your list.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil H
    Giskard,

Those are nice lists. I was curious about the notes on the first list. Are you working toward a complete list of enclosures for each system, or are they what you know from your personal experience? I ask because I noticed that a number of cabinets aren't listed that can be found in the literature on this site.
    The various spreadsheets have different info depending on who at JBL did them. Some info is missing. Some info was incorrect and I corrected it. I have always meant to consolidate the various lists but haven't been too fired up to do so because it really requires a relational database as opposed to spreadsheets. Besides, I know all the information so it isn't really a chore to look it up. I know where it all is. I'll get to it eventually and ask Techbot to deal with it accordingly.

Giskard & Phil,

thx for the link and kind comments, I will work on my Excel list using your pdf's and the link info.
    *I never did learn databases but may try yet! As an O&G engineer I always was able to get by with 123 or XL....
    Later, Roy

Updated X-Ref S/S

Here is an update to my Excel Spreadsheet including Giskard's referenced info on crossovers, some driver corrections and more systems. I did not include smaller systems with 8" woofers as I prefer the big guys. The pink cells are where I have no info...so if you got it tell me!
    The S/S is attached with a ".doc" extension as I cannot attach it properly. So you gotta save it, rename it with an ".xls" extension and you can then open it in Excel. Pls advise if anyone wants more info!
    - Roy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Obsolete
    You might want to include driver Q along with your Fs, and Vas specs.

You might want to look this over too:

http://www.drewdaniels.com/JBL_PARM.XLS

Everyone here should know who Drew is. I met Joe Etrick many years ago when he worked for Barath Acoustics in Denver.

If you can wait for me to consolidate my spreadsheets you can look over the information then. I'm pretty busy with other things right now so it could be awhile. There are 48 different spreadsheets and I think a different person at JBL did each one so none of them are standardized. I've already gone to a ton of trouble proofreading/correcting their work and rearranging various columns and rows. It's a significant amount of work.

This is preliminary to the Technical Documentation Project - Public Forum.

I really need a DBA for web enabled relational databases to step forward. If no one does then we might have to hire it done and that means everyone will have to pony up some cash.

I started putting drivers (only) in an excel spreadsheet so that I could ref certain values. The categories were:
    Type (15", compression, etc)
    Model
    PwrCap (watts)
    Imp
    Freq (range)
    Sens
    Fs

Then it occurred to me that this is a waste of time (redundant) if others are doing it, too. "Why not consolidate all of the information into one unified database," I thought.

The concern for what program to use came up. I have determined File Maker Pro (version 5 or better) would be suitable. It is Mac/pc stable. FMPro is manipulative in ways you cannot imagine. Plus- the info can be exported to Excel or just about any other program (with limited features, of course).

Say I had a subwoofer and wanted to build a 4way around it. I can sort the drivers by freq response, or impedance, or whatever value I wanted until I found suitable candidates for my project. FMPro will sort it in descending/ascending order or whatever you can dream up.

Another database can keep track of "systems" (for example). A link from my driver of choice (2235H, for example) will put me in the 'systems' sub database where I can read the specs of the systems that utilized a 2235H as a stock component (4350 for example). You get the idea...we could just link to pages already scanned in the library for decreased data entry.

Huge task, I know. But it could be chipped away at over time until complete.

Thread Information