Thread: Box design - WinISD Help

Box design - WinISD Help

I have played with the program and can calculate ports and box sizes ok. My Question has to do with the right side of the graph. I noticed the line is always flat as it goes off to the right, no matter what I do to the box or ports. I use K110’s for midrange in a three way set up, and want to check their section of the enclosure. I have to run the k110s up close to their frequency limit, as the tweeters are 2405’s. I want to get that part of the enclosure right. Is the program only calculating bass frequencies, or are K110's simply very adaptable?

I built these enclosures when I was in high school, (class of '81) using a JBL enclosure guide. It has long since disapeared, and I've evidence that way back then I was not always inclined to follow directions! I'm disasembleing them and repainting to increase DAF- Daugter Acceptance Factor. Why, when wife said 'do whatever you want' did I then open my big yap?

I will also need the info to build the center chanel enclosure, which will also hold a K110 and a 2405.

Thanks,
    SD

Someday I'll build a four way set, with real wood cabinets and 18's. Mmmmm 18's.

The program is intended to help you build/design a cabinet to optimize the performance of the LF; it is not intended to help you select crossover frequencies or slopes. That is an entirely different matter...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

What Bo said... and the graphical bass response shown is only theoretical. The parameters used to calculate are "typical". Actual driver's parameters vary sometimes to a significant degree. Actual driver response data- high, low or in between- are not included in this program so the output is only a suggestion of the expected low end reponse of the driver.

David F

You might search here for "doghouse" as there has been interesting discussions on MF box dimensions, and even shapes (to avoid internal standing waves...)
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

2202H doghouse

bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Thanks to all.

The thread was helpful, and I sure liked looking at those pictures. The sought after 4345's in BobPutnams photo essay are so tempting! And, they have a very small 'doghouse' when compared to mine. I will plan on shrinking the 'doghouse' box, eliminating the ports, and use 'the program' to make sure it will reach down to the bass driver. If I'm feeling bold, perhaps an angled side will be attempted.

Thank you all.

Let us know your results.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Thread Information