Welcome to the Lansing Heritage Forum V3.0. Hopefully, this will be more permanent than previous versions. There are quite a few changes compared to the previous forum application. The following are some hints to help you make full use of this new package.

I find the most useful new feature is to be the "View New Posts" function that is visible to registered users at the top right of the main forum page. This generates a list of all posts that have been added since your last visit no matter which forum they were posted in. This way, you don't have to check each individual forum to find new posts.

There is a FAQ button amongst the button bar at the top of the main page. This acts as a rudimentary "Help" file with basic instructions on using the forum.

I find the "Private Messages" (PM) notification to be a bit obscure and easy to miss in the default setup. You have to scroll to the bottom of the main page to see if anyone has sent you a PM since your last visit. There is a way to make notifications more apparent. Edit your profile options by clicking the "User CP" button on the button bar. Next, click "Edit Options". Scroll down to "Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message" and click the "Yes" button. From now on, whenever you enter the forum after someone has sent you a PM, a dialog box will open stating you have a new message and asking if you want to read it.

An interesting feature of this package is the ability to conduct polls. For example, you could set up a poll to determine the forum members preference against a number of specific speaker choices. This feature is accessed when writing a new post by scrolling to the bottom of the main editing window. There you will find the "Post a Poll" option.

Another useful feature is the forum calendar. This is accessed by clicking the "Calendar" button on the button bar at the top of the main forum page. Here you can post event notices for a specific date.

Attachments are limited by this application to one per post. However, image attachments will be automatically displayed within the post. There is a 160k limit on the max size of an attachment.

That's it for now. I'll add more hints as they seem appropriate.