Thread: What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

I have a pair of 4311's that I just got and in my book, they sound great. I want more older jbl's to add to what is going to be a collection for old times sake (I got a late start, by about 30 years) and just because I really like the way they sound. I don't have loads of room but still want to acquire more before they are gone forever, before they get so rare that they are out of my price range.

With that in mind. What do you guys know about Lancer 77's? Do you think if I am happy with the sound of the 4311's that I will also enjoy the 77's? Currently I'm running a phase 400 or a Sansui 9090DB for power. Actually right now I'm running the 400 thru the 9090db. Sounds nice.

Rj

Alex Lancaster
    I think the L166īs are not so overpriced, and IMO, sound better than 4311īs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lancaster
    I think the L166īs are not so overpriced, and IMO, sound better than 4311īs etc.
    Thanks, I saw a nice pr of those on epay yesterday near the end of the auction.
    I don't remember what they went for. If I am going larger, I will-
    A. Probably go for a pr of L112"s
    B. Save up some dough and hope for a chance at local pr of Large format monitors. Then I can talk about them everyday on the forum.
    Then maybe more than one person will find what I havto say interesting enough for my posts to get more than one reply in three days time. Thanks guys.
    If I knew as much as a lot of you know about these fine speakers I would help people too.

Rj Waaaaah!!

Smile don't worry

The forum is a bit slow this time of year--lots of other stuff to do.

If I found a speaker I liked, I'd tend to want to hear something that was different than what I had rather than more of the same. Within the JBL family, there's a lot of variety, even among the classics.

If you move into more recent decades, the variety is even greater: L Series, Ti Series, SVA Series, XPL Series and so much more.
    Out.

Lancer 77's are a major step back and down from your 4311's.

If you want "Collectible," that's fine.

I'd be going the other direction....

WMD's

Thanks guys,
    I actually would like to go bigger. I love the sound of my 4311's.
    I don't know as I'll ever have some of the bigger weapons of mass destruction type speakers that I see alot of the forum members own. I'll always be ready for the opportunity to own a pair of the monsters. but realistically I see maybe up to an L150 in my near future. (If my checking account can handle it) I have heard those before, a friend bought a pair brand new whilst we were in the Marines and I was awestruck by the sound and power of them.

Rj

Thread Information