Thread: Corner horn construction

Corner horn construction

Hi forum,
    I'm new here but have been reading post's now and then I have searched this site for details regarding Hartsfield corner horn. I have decided that this should be my new project (starting in the spring, next year...) It's my first attempt to use JBL parts. The reason for JBL is that I'm to rock music a have a lot of rockconcert's experince. For years I have a dipole construction driven by my Michaelsson & Austin TVA-1, but now it's time to go back to the rock sound But my way to choose this speaker is not to fill it up with the speakers from the past.

Can anyone give a hint to which speaker parts that should fit in the "box" if not the original parts?

And how low will the low end performe (I did'nt manage to find any specification for the horn on the net)? Maybe somebody have some pictures from there construction.....It's my first horn project again in 20 years (wife, children, dogs.... )

Regards Flemming

YOu've picked a particularly rare and expensive speaker to build. The drivers and horn lenses are going to be expensive and hard to find in your country. There are hartsfield owners (and builders) on this site, use the SEARCH feature to look for more information as well as the technical library

Thank's for your reply.

Yes, they are expensive if the correct drivers from the very beginning should be fittet in but my plan is to use the construction as a starter and plan to fit in used K145 as low end, 2440/2441 or 2445 as mid and the 2404H as top. My intention is to have a horn construction with as good as possible dispersion in horizontal. Later on play around with different mid horns to satisfy this.

I have surfed a lot regarding Hartsfield but nobody sees to describe the sound and my question is how low this contruction can run and second is the choice of drivers "out of the blue"

FS

Thread Information