Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mid Life crisis or what

Update

WEll, I finally got my 4311's and 4425's up and running and what a flashback. These 4311's sound the same as my L100's I can't really tell any difference. The crystal clear highs and the puncy bass is what I remember and it is all there on these 4311's. The 4425's are above and beyond my expectation's. It is a little hard for me to get used to a 2 way system after listening to a 3 way system,(maybe it's just me), but after listening to this 2 way system for a few hours I start to get used to them and it sounds like a 3 way system.The 4425's got the 4311's beat hands down,they have better bass and the high's well let's just say there is no comparison with that bi-radial horn. I have that Mac I purchased running them and I even went out and bought the "Worst of Jefferson Airplane" of course on cd this time, and it brought me back to my couch episode. Who needs a time machine, just get some vintage JBL'S and go back at any time.Thanks to all for the cool remarks on my story, as it is one that actually has a good ending!

almost forgot

I almost forgot, my wife found out. She asked me where all this stuff came from and proceded to tell her this way. "Remember those JBL'S that I bought at the garage sale years ago,she stops me and says "don't even go there, since when does UPS deliver from a garage sale? Needless to say I had to come clean. After telling her what happened her only remarks were "we'll now I don't have to figure out what to get you for Christmas! Now, is that some lady or what?

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames
    It is a little hard for me to get used to a 2 way system after listening to a 3 way system,(maybe it's just me), but after listening to this 2 way system for a few hours I start to get used to them and it sounds like a 3 way system.The 4425's got the 4311's beat hands down,they have better bass and the high's well let's just say there is no comparison with that bi-radial horn.
    Oh NO, another CONVERT!

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames
    After telling her what happened her only remarks were "we'll now I don't have to figure out what to get you for Christmas! Now, is that some lady or what?
    Right.

You'll give her your CD wish list....

Thread Information