Thread: 375 vs.2440?

375 vs.2440?

I HAVE A 375 THAT NEEDS A DIAPHRAM REPLACED AND I UNDERSTAND THAT THE ORIGINAL DIAPHRAMS FOR THESE CAN NO LONGER BE GOTTEN,IS THIS TRUE?
    ALSO,CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE AUDIBLE PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCES ARE BETWEEN THE ORIGINAL DIAPHRAM AND THE DIAPHRAM FOR THE PRO VERSION OF THIS DRIVER (2440) MIGHT BE,THIS IS WHAT JBL IS SHOWING AS A REPLACEMENT PART.
    THANKS
    PHIL

The 375 and the 2440 are the same driver with different designations for consumer and professional sales respectively.

David

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by PARA
    I HAVE A 375 THAT NEEDS A DIAPHRAM REPLACED AND I UNDERSTAND THAT THE ORIGINAL DIAPHRAMS FOR THESE CAN NO LONGER BE GOTTEN,IS THIS TRUE?
    ALSO,CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE AUDIBLE PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCES ARE BETWEEN THE ORIGINAL DIAPHRAM AND THE DIAPHRAM FOR THE PRO VERSION OF THIS DRIVER (2440) MIGHT BE,THIS IS WHAT JBL IS SHOWING AS A REPLACEMENT PART.
    THANKS
    PHIL
    Orange County is showing it is still available for a cost of $204.00. Parts Express has aftermarket Radian kits for around $99.00.

Good Luck!

375 VS 2440?

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE TO THE QUERY, I CAN SLEEP TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PHIL

375 VS 2440?

WELL, I CAN ALMOST SLEEP TONIGHT,NOW THAT I KNOW I CAN GET A REPLACEMENT DIAPHRAM,WHICH ONE DO I CHOOSE, THE ONE FROM JBL @ $204.00 OR THE ONE FROM RADIAN @ $99.00????????????
    PHIL

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by PARA
    WELL, I CAN ALMOST SLEEP TONIGHT,NOW THAT I KNOW I CAN GET A REPLACEMENT DIAPHRAM,WHICH ONE DO I CHOOSE, THE ONE FROM JBL @ $204.00 OR THE ONE FROM RADIAN @ $99.00????????????
    PHIL
    It is my undestanding that Radian manufactures many of JBL's OEM diaphragms. If you're looking to save a buck, I'd give the Radian clone @ $99 a try.

Thread Information