Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a good Forum poster?

Sorry I'm not a poet. What your point?

I thought we're all human.

Most people who parade around not knowing what they are talking about but tell it like they do are well aware of their sin. Politicians are a prime example.

Another Forum's member's signature: The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same. ~ Carlos Castaneda .... Ian, I doubt that you are miserable. People who parade around not knowing what they are talking about is nothing new. Just as going off topic, or becoming so enambered with their own opinions and wisdom, is nothing new. That's the "People Part". You may expect them to be different (Carry a big cup), but realistically, do you think they are obligated to more than "Their" vision/perception? If the sum of values determines behavior, and values are a product of perception, what we choose to value is not necessarily the choice of all. IMO, What upsets us is how we choose to deal with the inevitable differences of perceptions...

Are you a good Forum poster?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    use the ignore function if you are growing tired of a member.
    Yes...Why don't we all put everybody else on the ignore list? Then you know you are right, as nobody else can reply. I am really getting tired of you who do not agree with me...

Really people, why are we here if not to hear others opinion and get help?

I have NONE on my ignore list, and if somebody should decide to put somebody on it, it must be Don or one of his trusted moderators. Not to be judged by all of us "others".

Just my opinion, and if I am put on somebodys "Ignore list" I would like to know why by a private message before it is done.

Rolf

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer
    No.
    I agree.

Oh yeah?

No.
    I'm a worse poster than you, as I'm sure Ian would agree, since it took me all these words to say what could have been encapsulated in "Me, too."
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    I'm a worse poster than you, as I'm sure Ian would agree, since it took me all these words to say what could have been encapsulated in "Me, too."

Me Three!!!!
    I know Ian's heart is in the right place, but I don't think this is the way to get there....

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf
    I have NONE on my ignore list, and if somebody should decide to put somebody on it, it must be Don or one of his trusted moderators.
    Oh hell! Those ratbastards were the FIRST to go on my "LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" list.

Regis
    Am I good poster? Gawd, I'm driven more by emotion and my lust for JBL than anything else. We need a wide variety of people to participate, from the tech-bots to the know-nots. It makes it ahem, 'interesting'.

No.
    Yes, you should stop repeating yourself......

Work in progress!

Someday when I grow up I will learn the right way to do things like post properly to forums.

Ron

Are we people..............? Ah yes emotions and temperaments.

I always go all funny when Miss Orchard post..

Imagine some goof ball who comes along and babbles about how you should try this and try that for about 10 paragraphs (no names) and then says and then annonces to the lead poster at the end.

"Oh, I really think this discussion and whole thread is off topic and should be moved to another forum.
    I mean for f$%^ sake (to quote Billy Connolly) f$%^ off! "

This can lead to all sorts of domestic disturbance. During my travels in the U.S.A on at least one occassion I saw the disgruntled reaction of a member to another's post...steam from the ears surely not! Some people just insist on pissing others off, for some it comes naturally.

But consider this.

Image you have a birds eye view of 50 members following a thread.

There they are sitting in their house in the Pc room in front of a little box on a table and attempting to make a contribution on an important issue and suddenty some asshole comes along and vents his speen and all hell breaks loose.

Oh F..O... you rude bastard..that's crap, bollocks..total looser..Heck what would you know..you've never spoken to the guy so how would you know who he was or he wasn't!

Your old lady comes in and complains...Oh shut up ..slam goes the door...your not getting yours.... tonight!

Or if your in an internet Kiosk ( a community internet booth ) and this ape comes over and say "hey buster" Are you telling me to F..O..?

The point it only takes one to spoil a party..and the collateral damage is widespread!

And then Dirty Harry has to come in a sweep up the mess.

Don't forgewt me...

No.
    I cannnt even spell "fourm"

norealtalent
    The point it only takes one to spoil a party..and the collateral damage is widespread!

[Partial QUOTE]Ian

No more monkey see, monkey do...

When I grow up, I'm gonna be a kid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by norealtalent

[Partial QUOTE]Ian

No more monkey see, monkey do...

When I grow up, I'm gonna be a kid!!!
    Oh yeah. well check this out: I've been accused of bad taste once this week so that's twice now.

http://gprime.net/video.php/trunkmonkey1

Thread Information