Thread: Jbl 2440

Unhappy Jbl 2440

I was warned on this forum about the perils of buying used 244x drivers! I received a pair of 2440 ebay drivers today packed together with a handful of peanuts and a smidgen of bubble wrap. One driver was beat to hell with a broken throat and shifted magnetic structure. The other seems to sound ok but was a little beat looking. They came with 2 huge ABS horns (packed perfectly of course). Don't know what to do with these. Are they of any value? They are to big for my purposes (~23"x19" X 21" )
    Stephen C.

JBL Dog

Yikes!

Double-post, sorry!

This message comes from JBL Dog

JBL Dog

Yikes!

I believe I was bidding on those with you! Is it possible to file an insurance claim?

I won three 2441's on Ebay a few weeks ago. The packing was a little sloppy, but they did come in separate boxes so there was no damage.

Only a complete idiot would ship two 28 lbs. drivers in the same box with crappy packing material. Demand money back and/or leave negative feedback. "Poor packing" negative feedback is the worst kind a seller can get. Once you get the reputation goods will show up damaged, your Ebay selling days are over!

This message comes from JBL Dog

Alex Lancaster

Smile

Hi:

Too bad, I agree with the replies.

What model are the Horns?, from Your description they sound like 236x, and they are big and long, (No dirty replies, pls).

Alex

Hi:
    I contacted the company & they agreed to reimburse me for repairs up to the price I paid (~$220). Orange county speaker said it would new a new diaphragm ($216) and recharge the magnet ($10). Also recommended recharging the other driver since it has taken a banging. This will end up costing me a bit more with shipping etc. but I should have 2 good drivers. Don't know what to do with the big bi-radial horns that came with them. Haven't been able to match them up with JBL models (they have curved fronts)
    Stephen C.

Ya send both drivers so they can regauss both they pry need it anyway. That woud take a pretty good slam to crack that throat if they were fully magnitzed. Enjoy you drivers!!. Something similar happened to me. I purchased a 2500.00 amp used used it 3 times it didnt turn back on. DC at output.. Sent it to the factory for service it got dropped and bent... Evrything got paid for from the old owner then fedex to the tune of 1300.00+. Didnt cost me but 200.00. Used the amp 2 weeks decided i didnt like it then sold it HA. 6700.00 amp
    Von Schweikert VR-8
    Canary Ref. 1 300B monoblocks. 300Bx16

Thread Information