Thread: Help with L-100 grilles

Help with L-100 grilles

I am at a complete loss here. Should I re-glue whats on there, get new ones, or?

Do a search on : sonofagun, L-100 grills, There are pictures of the grills he makes somwhere on this site and they are awesome.

Hi Superbee,
    No offense, but I don't think your L100's will ever make it to a museum. Personally, I would not worry too much about making them original. Why not do what ever floats your boat. I have a hammered pair of 120Ti's that need a lot of work. They will never be like new. When I get around to fixing or replacing the grille frames, I may tie-die some fabric.

There is a lot of information about restoring L100's here: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ead.php?t=2794. On pages 4 & 5, there is some discussion on gluing the foam to the grille frames. If original looking grilles float your boat, Sonofagun is the name to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil H
    Hi Superbee,
    No offense, but I don't think your L100's will ever make it to a museum. Personally, I would not worry too much about making them original. Why not do what ever floats your boat. I have a hammered pair of 120Ti's that need a lot of work. They will never be like new. When I get around to fixing or replacing the grille frames, I may tie-die some fabric.

There is a lot of information about restoring L100's here: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ead.php?t=2794. On pages 4 & 5, there is some discussion on gluing the foam to the grille frames. If original looking grilles float your boat, Sonofagun is the name to remember.
    Phil

No they wont, But the will make great bedroom speakers. I put some pics up.

majick47

L100 Grills

SUPERBEE get Sonofagun to make you foam grills for your L100, you'll never regret it. Lightly sand the wood veneer, apply some JBL oil, light scratches/minor dings will disappear and your JBLs will look great and have a lot of character.

Hi Majick,what's the jbl oil? is there any of theese stuff on sale?need to know cos i live on an another planet(France)

Quote Originally Posted by majick47
    SUPERBEE get Sonofagun to make you foam grills for your L100, you'll never regret it. Lightly sand the wood veneer, apply some JBL oil, light scratches/minor dings will disappear and your JBLs will look great and have a lot of character.

Quote Originally Posted by takenodisk
    Hi Majick,what's the jbl oil?
    http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...ral/finish.htm

Linseed Oil and gum turpentine... the link has the JBL instructions.

Widget

Thank you Monsieur WIdget,i'll give it a try,and also read the thread,regards

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...ral/finish.htm

Linseed Oil and gum turpentine... the link has the JBL instructions.

Widget

Thread Information