Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: La France

J'habite le Canada ( Québec city ) et bien sur j'approuverais le francais dans ce forum, étant moi même un fan incondionnel de JBL .

On pourrais nous laisser une petite place ou une section reservé aux gens qui parle le français car je suis sur qu"il y a beaucoup de gens qui vienne visité ce forum et qui ne peuvent écrire l'anglais ou même le lire .Bien sur avec le traducteur que l'on retrouve sur le web on se débrouille mais ça serais bien qu'il y aurais une petite section pour les francophones.

Alors les francophones manifester vous ..............................on verras bien.

Que vous soyez de la France ou Canada ou ailleur allez y .

Merci

Thanks...

+1

Pierre-marie

Smile Mes amis

Nous avons un tel endroit par défaut. Nous écrivons en anglais quand nous bidon pour participer aux amorçages ouverts. (Quel est le mot pour "thread" --l'amorçage ?)

Et quand commençant un amorçage en français, il doit-il rester en français, n'est-ce pas? Nous annonçons simplement : Cet amorçage est en français.

Par exemple : le 250Ti Jubilee (français).
    Out.

Merçi '' Titanium Dome '' , je pourrais traduire le mot thread par sujet, se qui veut dire par exemple le sujet du forum est JBL L-250 .( the thread of forum is JBL L-250 ) .

merci

We can have a French forum as long as the English translation is directly above it and in a larger font. Those living in Montreal are familiar with this rule for English in stores.

Alex Lancaster
    Duane, You got it right.

c'est mauvaise politique

Quote Originally Posted by duaneage
    We can have a French forum as long as the English translation is directly above it and in a larger font. Those living in Montreal are familiar with this rule for English in stores.
    So, this is the recommendation: that those who speak or write French must first translate it into English, then post the English in a superior format before they may post their original thoughts in French in a lesser format.

C'est votre proposition? D'abord, ceux qui parlent ou écrivent français doivent le traduire en anglais. Alors ils doivent signaler la traduction en anglais dans un format supérieur. Pour finir ils peuvent signaler leurs pensées initiales en français dans un format inférieur.

¿Ésta es su oferta? Primero, los que hablan o escriben a francés deben traducirlo a inglés. Entonces deben fijar la traducción inglesa en un formato superior. Finalmente, pueden fijar sus pensamientos originales en francés en un formato inferior.
    Out.

This is what Webmaster Don had to say when the subject of making English the standard language came up back in Januarry 2005. I think his comments apply to this thread also.

"So far, I don't preceive a problem. This forum is an English language forum because that is the only language I speak and not because of any belief that it is the universal language that all must use. Nonetheless, it would become a problem if there were numerous multilingual threads. This prospect has the potential to fragment the forum which I would not like to see happen.

I think it should be recognized that there have been many significant contributions to this forum from members whose first language is not English and I would like to encourage this. If it means that a fellow countryman has to jump in and post in their native language on occaision, then I do not have a problem. Stating that all foreign correspondance should be through PM's is not workable. Most new members are not even aware of the PM feature when they join. Just explaining how it works in English could be impossible for those that only have a rudimentary understanding of the language.

To reiterate, right now, I do not perceive a problem. If the occaisional non English post helps new members to contribute, then this is a worthwhile tradeoff. However, I do not want to see the forum fragmented into numerous, linguistic factions.

Don McRitchie
    Webmaster "

Thank you for the precision

alnico

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    So, this is the recommendation: that those who speak or write French must first translate it into English, then post the English in a superior format before they may post their original thoughts in French in a lesser format.

C'est votre proposition? D'abord, ceux qui parlent ou écrivent français doivent le traduire en anglais. Alors ils doivent signaler la traduction en anglais dans un format supérieur. Pour finir ils peuvent signaler leurs pensées initiales en français dans un format inférieur.

¿Ésta es su oferta? Primero, los que hablan o escriben a francés deben traducirlo a inglés. Entonces deben fijar la traducción inglesa en un formato superior. Finalmente, pueden fijar sus pensamientos originales en francés en un formato inferior.
    Of course you realize I was only farting around. Of course you do!

Yeah, that is how they do it in Quebec.

If the authorities (sometimes self appointed) enter a store and find English without larger font french, fines are handed out. No need for different colors and Spanish is not required.
    The downside on this is that many products are not available because they require french labeling as well.

Lotus released a version of Lotus Notes that had French status messages on the server console, something only viewed by admins, becuase of the complaints it had no French. They also reduced security to 24 bit for that version, the French government wanted weak security on it.

What if the pilgrims had shot a cat to survive upon thier arrival? Enjoy your turkey folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer
    What if the pilgrims had shot a cat to survive upon thier arrival? Enjoy your turkey folks!
    I think they would have found cats have more dark meat. And they taste just like chicken.

May be the Jbl members could authorize anyone to speak the language of his choice .

If anybody wants to answer to, he can do it freely !!!!

As far as this forum live and expand ....

Gerard

Thumbs up Humor ? I am baffled !

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    Liar, liar!!!

Widget
    Long time since I had such a good laugh
    thank you for your priceless innuendo inspector Widget

--------

It is Mayonaise of course !

--------
    That reminds me, if there are any LHF members visiting Brussels,
    please PM me, I will happily treat them to belgian fries (and beer).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information