Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucky Me.....

Well Done Old Chap !!

Sorry, wrong Country !

As we say here in Canada, EH ? No No not that ....

This: "He shoots, he scores !!"

Good for you Heinz !!
    Nice Car too !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LE15-Thumper
    "Give me JBL, or give me death"

Update Update Update

My project continues Several friends have droped by my office just to have a look at the L300. Everybody is impressed about the qualitywork that JBL speakers have.

In the nighbour office one guy have booked a listening evening when they are ready.

So.... today the 136a came out of the cabinets. ( se pictures )

Now i have to setup a meeting with LN Högtalarservice in Gothenburg. I hope they have time before Christmas!!!!

More update later...

BTW LE15-THUMPER!!!! Thankyou for your words.... The car is like a formula one car

Until next time..... the best to you all on the forum / Heinz

Hello Heinz, any updates to your L300 restoration? Did you get the 136A's back from the refoaming? Your photos and story so far are very motivating!!

Regards,

Bart

paragon

Yes

You are a lucky man, indeed !
    Heinz, i love the L300 !

Eckhard

Smile

If he got everything put together, he's probably enjoying them so much he doesn't have time for posting here.
    Out.

Campbell, California in the Silicon Valley

Great story!

Going from L19's to L300's is like going from a lizard to T-Rex!
    Good luck with your restoration. I would love to have a project like yours!

Update Update.....

Hi everyone

Sorry for not updating the tread. I did not have the time to go up to Gothenburg for refoaming befor our christmas break. The shedule now is week 5. My company take to much time right now

I promise to have more pictures and a detailed story as soon i have more to share

Have read a lot on the forum and im not the one that make "10 post a day" This forum has so much knowlege and my donation is on the way soon.

The best to you all / Heinz

Update time..... Finaly they are ready to ROCK!!!

Hi hevery one on this super forum

Longtime since i made a post on the forum ann now its time for update.

Went up to Gothenburg an had the refoaming done. Olle at LN Högtalarservice made a good work with my 136A:s´. Had a nice chat with him abaut everything and found out that he is from the same city as me. Talked about different speakers for my DIY project. ( Yeah a mini JBL )

We ralized later that we could talk for ours and days and then need a chest of beers if we shuld continue

Back in home town i was werry curius on the sound. Mounted the woofers back in the cabinet.

Next problem was: I need a Amplifier..... hummm Marantz or Yamaha ?? No way i take the Yamaha Reciver...... Sounds so bad that .....Dustbin next for that one. Record player !!!!! To much work to pullout the Micro Seiki from the stand. Have i a good CD player. ( Hate the sound fron CD. Love the Vinyl sound ) Tested Philips DVDR70, Grundig, Eltax, Sony, Eltax. Elatx sounds best in the list so we go for that one together with the Marantz!! OK i know.... not the best player or amplifier but im out listening throu the market an found so far im upp for Harman/Kardon AVR7300 & AVR740 or Denon 4608 is on the list next to spend some cash on.

Las day i fired upp the system early in the morning when i was alone in the office.

Im smiling since then..... al day long....

Later the other guys arrived an yoined me in the "Smile contest"

The first impression is: Clear krisp and deatailed.

Testaed a varity of music styles and they sound better and better for every houer that goes.

The music we played is:

John Fogerty, Premonition Album
    MeatLoaf, and Friends Album
    EAGLES, Hell freezes over Album
    Depeche Mode, I feel loved
    AC/DC, Stiff Upper Lip
    ZZ Top, Antenna Album
    Stefan Andersson, Walk Right On Album

And everyone is impressed about the sound. Annika at one of the office by mine made the best comment: You can realy her the vocalcords when they are singing.

Thats all for know..... More comes in a day or two when i compare this to a 130000$ dollar Burmeister setup at a local HIFI dealer.....

/ Heinz

Hello Heinz

This is a great story to read. It is so nice to know you are happy with the speakers you have wished for all these years. Looks like you did a proper job cleaning them up- beautiful. It's nice to know they have given you such pleasure. The 'smile contest'....I know that feeling. I'm experiencing it right now with my system. It's a wonderful thing!

Thank you for sharing the story and pictures!

As far as comparing it to another (very) high end system- don't be in any rush. Nothing will ruin the 'smile contest' like hearing something "better"- and out of reach. Enjoy it for as long as you can- just my advice.

Imaging (a lack of) seems to be about the only trade off I can find in JBL speakers. JBL's do what they do- and they do it in spades!!! I'll take that over most any other high end manufacturer's offerings- and for a lot less money. The L300 is a great example of what JBL is about. Enjoy that lush JBL signature sound, Heinz!!!

Take Care (of you and the L300's!)

Travis

Regis
    Congratulations Heinz! I'm glad you like the L-300's as much as I do! You will never be bored with them. They will always amaze you with the power, clarity and depth of detail. The bass will shine ten different ways, from hard percussion to a saxophone working it's way down to the lower register. Your speakers look beautiful and you should be a proud papa!

Thread Information