Thread: Titanium tweeters

Question Titanium tweeters

Does pure titanium dome tweeters sound the same as titanium-laminated dome tweeters? I always woundered about this. If they sound different which tweeters sounds more clear and precise?

pelly3s
    each tweeter depends on more than just the material the diaphragm is made of. I have a bunch of pure titanium tweets that all sound completely different. Personally I dont care for direct radiator tweeters so I am not the best to answer this, but I will anyways. one of the only metal dome tweets I like is the 044. I would just say for get it all and go with really big horns

And after I defended you on Audioreview

Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s
    each tweeter depends on more than just the material the diaphragm is made of. I have a bunch of pure titanium tweets that all sound completely different. Personally I dont care for direct radiator tweeters so I am not the best to answer this, but I will anyways. one of the only metal dome tweets I like is the 044. I would just say for get it all and go with really big horns
    ...this is my thanks.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Velociraptor84
    Does pure titanium dome tweeters sound the same as titanium-laminated dome tweeters? I always woundered about this. If they sound different which tweeters sounds more clear and precise?
    Titanium tweeters don't sound nearly as good as the pure Unobtanium tweeters that we talk so fondly of around here.

I'm sure if you do plenty of Google and Yahoo searches, you're bound to find a good source for them...for almost free!! They're on eBay all the time. Go get'em 'raptor.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

pelly3s
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    ...this is my thanks.
    everyone has their personal tastes. over on audioreview i have been in all to many battles with "audiophiles" who have no clue. i do have to has to my previous statement i havent heard the performance series or the XPL's so to those I bite my tongue and hope for the day I get to hear them to make my choice.

Maron Horonzakz
    Has any body here tested for distortion? Rather than just listen ? There is some correlation between the two.

Thread Information