Thread: The new "audio"

Regis

The new "audio"

They gotta be kidding, or even scarier maybe not!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ele/108430804.html

Product Description:
    The hidden beauty of the Lifestyle 48 DVD system lies in the Bose technologies that make enjoying music and movies intuitively simple (read; it's ok to be a dumb consumer, heck, you don't even have to speaka da' english anymore). Start with your main room, the size, shape, textures and other elements that affect the sound you hear. The ADAPTiQ system (vs. your IQ), found only in Lifestyle DVD systems, was developed to analyze your room, then adjust the Lifestyle system for a consistent, high-quality performance each time you listen. No need to move furniture, speakers or anything else to get the best possible sound in your room (really?). Just sit in up to five of your preferred listening spots, and allow the ADAPTiQ system to automatically make the necessary adjustments (wait baby, get off've me, we've got to move to the loveseat now.) Now consider the hassle of managing your treasured, but unwieldy, CD collection (yep, as we grow weaker and weaker, those heavy CD's get harder and harder to lift "Honey, I've got a handful of chips and I can't lift anymore!"). The Lifestyle 48 DVD system changes all that with unique Bose technology that stores up to 340 hours of music (geez, I'll just buy a laptop and MP3 it, if I'm that desperate, my Sirius radio off've the dish 'stores' unlimited tunes). The uMusic (What's similarly brightly colored, slow and mostly empty? uHaul.) intelligent playback system actually listens to your music and learns your preferences, then makes selections based on what (we think) you like (My name is HAL, please step away from the reciever, we are in control now). And you can hear them almost anywhere. Bose link enables quality sound in as many as 14 additional rooms, even outdoors. Just add compatible Bose products, and you can have independent volume control in each room, as well as access to two different audio streams from the same Lifestyle system (I've always wanted to hear Beethoven's Pasture Sonata and Fifty Cent at the same time). The Lifestyle 48 DVD system features award-winning (Top Consumer Gullibility Award, 2005) Jewel Cube speaker arrays measuring only 4½" high for dramatically lifelike sound (and aren't these little condom boxes cu-u-te!). These are our smallest and most powerful cube speaker arrays, yet they deliver sound youd expect from speakers many times their size (I'd bet those little cubes would shame my L-300 Summits, after listening to my neighbors Bose LifeStyle system at a halloween party, I was tempted to put the L-300's on the curb..). The proprietary Acoustimass module produces resounding low notes that bring action sequences to life and adds fullness to music (? gotta be kidding me, the noise level was loud, but the only 'fullness' I detected was the pegged BS meter). And the Acoustimass module can be placed out of sight, so all the sound seems to come from the Jewel Cube speaker arrays (and the wife won't complain about those big ugly walnut cabs clogging up valuable living room space). Videostage 5 decoding circuitry and digital 5.1 decoding ensure a high-quality 5.1-channel surround experience from practically any source even older programs recorded in mono (the stone age!).

This is the state of consumer audio now? Boy, is that scary! You'd be surprised how many coworkers ask me about this system! You can be sure about my recommendations...

I started in the high-end AV industry in 1986, and since then I've only ever touched 2 Bose systems. Set one up for my mechanic (not impressed) and tossed one in a dumpster (did that count as a "resounding low note that brought an action sequence to life"? Sure did!).

"Oh, you design home theaters for millionaires?"

"Yep."

"Wow, you must see a lot of Bose!"

"Uh, nope."

je

Regis
    I showed the craigslist ad to a coworker who was telling me about the Bose Store in Ontario California. He told me that the price for this system was $3,800!

good call
    its crappy systems like this with crappy little speakers and a sub.
    that has ruined true hifi gear if thay can build it thay can build it cheaper!(but at what cost)
    i got a friend who just bought a shelf system and he thinks its the best thing he`s ever heard (absolute distortion i think the brand name was)
    I havent had the heart to invite him down and demo my latest aquisitions for him for he might realise he waisted $800 and go home to cry!
    http://www.medpot.net/forums/

daily volcano demo`s
    find out the truth
    tell`em morbo sent you

mention lansing heritage for 10% off

note the scam and fraud warning at the top of the page!

also note the letters B and S*, prominent in the word/curse

that is -- BoSe

*as in Bull S...

Thread Information