Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lansing Heritage Weekend

Arrow Lansing Heritage Weekend

As requested by Morbo, here's the hijack moved to its own thread.

Too Much Talking, Not Enough Listening
    Okay, as interesting as the current speculative threads are on JBL vs. JBL and JBL vs. the world, the real soul of the Lansing Heritage is the sound produced by the various designs, components, and configurations.

From the ancient coffins with several choices of driver and crossover combinations to the two way horn units of various sizes to the four way systems to the three and four way monitors to the modular units to the multiple driver odd-shaped sets, from pre-sub to sub extra to sub required designs, we have a lot of JBL innovation, experimentation, and implementation, including DIY.

Now, I've visited a few of the forum members and heard their individual JBLs (and Westlakes and Fosgates using JBL drivers) and Altecs, but NEVER have been able to hear a bunch of them all at once. Well, except at my house, but that's old news to me.

Seriously, we need to stop talking and do some listening.

I'd like to get some help to plan and hold a Lansing Heritage Weekend where we assemble so much LH gear in one place that forum members have to come. If we do it in SoCal, it's easy for folks to drive or fly here, and maybe we can get Harman/JBL to give us a peek inside the temple.

Really, all we need is a place and a date. I'm thinking Jan/Feb when some of our northern members might want a few days out of winter and flights are relatively cheap. Anywhere within 50–75 miles of LA will be within my driving range to load up some Performance Series, SVA1800s, L7s, L5s, L250s, 4430s, and a B380 to contribute to the event, plus cables, amps, sources for them.

Yes, this is nuts, but what else are ya gonna do in the middle of winter? I won't be surprised if no one replies positively, but all we need are a couple more guys with more gear than sense who'll load it up and let total strangers listen to it for a day and a lo-o-ong night. The Bay Area guys could rent a small U-Haul and bring some stuff down, including project beds. Folks from Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New mexico, and Northern Mexico could make the trek.

Heck I drove my L7s and L100s to CA from MI in 32 hours with no damage and Leif took his 4430s on the plane for Pete's sake: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulle...read.php?t=6411

So no one's got a good excuse.

Anyone want to do this? Anyone want to help me plan it?
    Out.

I'm there or they're here.

Smile Second hijack post reposted here

Just to keep the invitation open:

Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and South America
    SoCal has a lot of airports, including LAX and Orange County/John wayne which receive hundreds of international flights per day. Anyone who'd make the trek from another continent can count on extra hospitality and a warm welcome if this comes together.

Don't automatically count yourself out. Don't worry about language or customs. If you can say "Hi," "Goodbye," and "Thanks" and can obey our smoking laws (smoke outside), everything will be fine.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Just to keep the invitation open:

Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and South America
    SoCal has a lot of airports, including LAX and Orange County/John wayne which receive hundreds of international flights per day. Anyone who'd make the trek from another continent can count on extra hospitality and a warm welcome if this comes together.

Don't automatically count yourself out. Don't worry about language or customs. If you can say "Hi," "Goodbye," and "Thanks" and can obey our smoking laws (smoke outside), everything will be fine.
    Unfortunately I can't get leave till the possibly Feb/March in new year so maybe.... Shipping my 4345's would be a Tad expensive..

I might send Bo "Tin Ear" as my proxy (4345 trained ears)

It would be nice to see Sir Lancer there and The Earl of Lansing.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    Shipping my 4345's would be a Tad expensive..

Ian
    Tad??? This is a JBL forum, though some of the Tad components certainly look like JBL.

OK Sounds Fun

I would be willing to make the trip.
    Paying debt to Karma...

I might be out on the left coast in Jan 06 If I can swing a few days into my business trip then count me in!

Yank

digi cam

man
    if this happens
    i want a couple of vids there and maybe a few good mike`s and a link to the dedicated web site so the rest of the world can see and hear you guys jammin
    p.s 1 of my friend`s opens a music type store on thursday(low end cheap gear)importer
    But i will be havin fun
    if i can get a digi cam there i might post a few pick of me and my learner lickz before i get kicked out for ruining buisness
    a - b comparrison between my johnson tele copy and his what ever
    Last edited by morbo!; 10-28-2005 at 09:12 PM. Reason: crappy spellin

My post from the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959
    NO...NO.. !!!!! got to be either LAST WEEK of FEB or MARCH [ or April].....Jan. and first 20 days of Feb is impossible for me ( my very busiest time)

puleeeease... reconsider

Say, if we could get a look at the "temple" maybe we could get a "guest speaker" ( excuse the pun) to talk to us.

RIP 2009
    Ya' know what might be kool - rent a small conference room at a hotel for a day and have a dinner at the same time. Travelers could stay there too. Acoustics are usually pretty good, (carpeting, acoustic ceilings, etc.), and it'd be easy to set up for comparisons. If we could get a van or truck coming down from northern CA, I'd consider throwing my 4315A's in, and I'm sure Zilch and Widget might have some interesting stuff...

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    Widget might have some interesting stuff...

John
    You gotta watch him! Widget WILL try to sneak a TAD in there!

scottyj

I am a long time member of another fourm in which we meet serveral times a year. It is a skiing fourm so we meet, ski, and party. There has been 'summits' everywhere from Mt. Hood, OR to Argentina, to France. We have a yearly that lasts a week. This is not a crazy concept at all and should be embraced. (To those who have not yet.) I wish I could make it.

Who ever ends up setting this up, PM me.
    Excuse my ignorance.

I should be able to make it also. Sounds like fun.

I can do a California meet. Sorry, but I ain't going to drag my collection along. :-)
    had L25,L36,L40,L120,L300,AquariusIV(2),S1,4408 have L65,L100,L222,DorianS12,B380

Why not start by doing a Ventrillo chat on the Net.

Its quite fun to hear who's behind the oddback posts and avatars!

Thread Information