When I was in high school (this was at the American School of Paris in France), our music room had a pair of JBL speakers that I have never seen since. We're talking mid to late 70's here. These speakers were bright orange (cabinets and grilles), were in a cube-shaped cabinet that I beleive was made out of some kind of plastic composite something like old IBM computer casings used to be. The cabinets were "ribbed" along the corner edges (the best I can describe). They were two-way and had either a 10 or a 12" woofer and a dome tweeter with the foam damping material around it (an LE5?). The woofers had a foam surround and the dust cap was concave (i.e. was an "innie" vs. an "outie").

I just wondered if anyone knows what model these were? I've looked all over this site and don't recall seeing anything like them. I do remember that they also came with a double "demo" album which had a frequency range test as well as a "studio session" segment on it with Hoyt Axton and Mike Botts of "Bread". I trace my interest in audio to these speakers as well as my becoming an "audiofool".

Can anyone help me with my nostalgia?