This is a great story for those that enjoy the heritage and pure engineering put into the JBL equipment. The Love Parade in SF is both a legal rave and a chance for many of the local and out of town sound companies to flex their muscles for bragging rights about their systems and sound quality. After all, the playing field is even, everyone must have their system on a flatbed truck and there will be no cheating with fancy processors or coupling to nearby walls for increased perceived loudness.

I happened to do the 94.9/KCRH float that day. I used 6 JBL 4719x dual 18" subs and some yamaha dual 15 tops. While my short throw tops left much to be desired in the midrange region (after all, they had to cut through 100,000 people)-- The 6 JBL subs did not. In fact, much to my pleasant surprise, the sheer impact and clarity of the bass blew every other rig -- even the revered turbosound, funktion-1, and bassmax rigs absolutely out of the water. I was very pleased that day to watch the windows on the many businesses we drove slowly by vibrate from 90 feet away. What really blew my mind is that other sound companies were absolutely railing their systems trying to keep up with the overbearing sub bass from the KCRH float-- I was running 30Kw of crown power, but still had 9db of headroom available.

I have always been loyal to JBL's subwoofers even in the face of naysayers with fancy horn loaded subs. I even strayed from them a few years back and purchased some servodrive BT7's -- but now I'm confident in JBL's long standing devotion to subs that really develop low frequencies. Bravo JBL!!

Tim Duffin
Owner, SPL sound
Sacramento CA