Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL vs. JBL

JBL vs. JBL

Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    But perhaps the point is a JBL user is so satisfied as a rule he ...she does not have to bother listening to other brands in dealers stores and it becomes a life long brand loyatly thing. That's the conviction worthy of the slogan.
    Reading the JBL vs other brands of speakers thread is fascinating, but my real curiosity is comparing different JBLs. Even though I'm in the low end of the Lansing Heritage food chain with my L100s and Studio Series surround set up with 2241H sub, I am very happy with my JBLs. Of course, if I could come up with the cash, I would like to follow in the footsteps of some of you who have gone before. The questions that bounce around in my head are:

1) L100 vs 4425
    2) Studio series vs performance series
    3) 4435 vs 4343

There's plenty more that I can't help wondering about, but I hope this will get it going. There are so many great choices and little chance I will ever get to hear most of them, so it would be cool to hear your opinions. Thanks to all in advance.

Unfortunately for my bank account and my sanity, I'm trying to buy one of each
    4406, 4412A, L100, L100t3 (3 pair), L1, L7, 4645C, 4660A, 4695B, SR4735 and various DIY JBL Pro loaded systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusnzha
    The questions that bounce around in my head are:

1) L100 vs 4425
    2) Studio series vs performance series
    3) 4435 vs 4343
    1) HUH?
    2) Performance, probably
    3) Different animals. 4435 if you like constant directivity....

pelly3s
    anything 2 way with a horn over pretty much anything else

Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s
    anything 2 way with a horn over pretty much anything else
    How much did Zilch pay you to post that?

Sorry, I'd post a meaningful post, but I haven't heard most of those speakers.

Widget

rgrjit8
    Not sure that 4435 vs. 4343 would be a good match-up due to the double woofers of the 4435.

But I'd like to see the results of a 4435 vs. 4350 vs. 4355. I'd submit a contender but I think I need a crossover overhaul first.

Another Contender

Probably my newbie ignorance, but...

Seems to me the best classic monitor would probably be the 4345. It addressed the
    high spl concerns of the 4350, and it is the ultimate incarnation, I think, of Mr. Timbers' four way "experiments."
    Of course, I admit I like my monitors dynamic and "accurate yet warm."
    I also admit I love big woofer/low SPL listening.

So my question is, how does the 4345 compare to any other JBL top dog contender?

Cool Too Much Talking, Not Enough Listening

Okay, as interesting as the current speculative threads are on JBL vs. JBL and JBL vs. the world, the real soul of the Lansing Heritage is the sound produced by the various designs, components, and configurations.

From the ancient coffins with several choices of driver and crossover combinations to the two way horn units of various sizes to the four way systems to the three and four way monitors to the modular units to the multiple driver odd-shaped sets, from pre-sub to sub extra to sub required designs, we have a lot of JBL innovation, experimentation, and implementation, including DIY.

Now, I've visited a few of the forum members and heard their individual JBLs (and Westlakes and Fosgates using JBL drivers) and Altecs, but NEVER have been able to hear a bunch of them all at once. Well, except at my house, but that's old news to me.

Seriously, we need to stop talking and do some listening.

I'd like to get some help to plan and hold a Lansing Heritage Weekend where we assemble so much LH gear in one place that forum members have to come. If we do it in SoCal, it's easy for folks to drive or fly here, and maybe we can get Harman/JBL to give us a peek inside the temple.

Really, all we need is a place and a date. I'm thinking Jan/Feb when some of our northern members might want a few days out of winter and flights are relatively cheap. Anywhere within 50–75 miles of LA will be within my driving range to load up some Performance Series, SVA1800s, L7s, L5s, L250s, 4430s, and a B380 to contribute to the event, plus cables, amps, sources for them.

Yes, this is nuts, but what else are ya gonna do in the middle of winter? I won't be surprised if no one replies positively, but all we need are a couple more guys with more gear than sense who'll load it up and let total strangers listen to it for a day and a lo-o-ong night. The Bay Area guys could rent a small U-Haul and bring some stuff down, including project beds. Folks from Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New mexico, and Northern Mexico could make the trek.

Heck I drove my L7s and L100s to CA from MI in 32 hours with no damage and Leif took his 4430s on the plane for Pete's sake: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ead.php?t=6411

So no one's got a good excuse.

Anyone want to do this? Anyone want to help me plan it?
    Out.

Regis
    Yah! I want to do it! Maybe have scheduled demo's for each system, utilizing a variety of music (kind of like what you did with Ken's Westies). I've given it thought and an auditorium would be an ideal place. We have a large open performance center here in Palmdale that's made for just that kind of venue. But I'm open to go anywhere in SoCal. How much could it cost?

Smile Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and South America

SoCal has a lot of airports, including LAX and Orange County/John wayne which receive hundreds of international flights per day. Anyone who'd make the trek from another continent can count on extra hospitality and a warm welcome if this comes together.

Don't automatically count yourself out. Don't worry about language or customs. If you can say "Hi," "Goodbye," and "Thanks" and can obey our smoking laws (smoke outside), everything will be fine.
    Out.

Red face Rusnzha--sorry

I meant to start a new thread instead of highjacking yours. My apologies.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47
    So my question is, how does the 4345 compare to any other JBL top dog contender?
    I've always considered the 4345 to be the best of the large format 43xx monitors.

Anyone ever hear "Rocky Mountain Way" on four 4345's in surround sound?

I have...

I also love the 4430 and 4435.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    How much did Zilch pay you to post that?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome

Really, all we need is a place and a date. I'm thinking Jan/Feb when some of our northern members might want a few days out of winter and flights are relatively cheap.
    NO...NO.. !!!!! got to be either LAST WEEK of FEB or MARCH.....Jan. and first 20 days of Feb is impossible for me ( my very busiest time)

puleeeease... reconsider

Say, if we could get a look at the "temple" maybe we could get a "guest speaker" ( excuse the pun) to talk to us.

Thread Information