Thread: How to mount Your driver/horn combo on top of a box?

How to mount Your driver/horn combo on top of a box?

I'm building a 2-way with 15"-drivers and 2"-drivers (2441's) with tractrixhorns.
    I have made testboxes for my woofers and until I decide for what box to use at least, I would like to have my horndrivers on top of the box. Any tip of what to build/buy to keep the driver safe in place on top of the box?

Regards Jakob

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    with the round horn -- I would think that a loosely filled bag of sand would hold the horn's front lip in place -- then just find something for the driver to rest on... (but be careful not to effect the soundwaves comming from the horn)

My A7s horn has not been 'mounted' -- just sitting on top right now -- the perfect height for driver support was found in a toilet paper roll... (I covered it with a bit of cloth for appearances sake)

Hallå jakob

You can use the mounting screws on the driver and make an U to lay the horn into. Which tractrix horn and woofers are you going to use?
    I will also go for tractrix horn, from stereo lab in germany. I will order 2 in the end of the month.

regards mats

BillEpstein
    I've tried my 902's resting on the Collins ed. of Shakespeares complete on the left and S.E.Morison'r cond. History of U.S. Naval op's.....on the right (too dry)and myriad combinations of Elmore Leonard, William Caunitz and Mickey Spillane scribblings. (Not entirely sanguine about those, either)
    What took the sound "out of this world" and remains in place are the Lord of the Rings TRilogy, left and Dune and Dune Messiah right.
    Paper backs preferred over bound componentry. Hard covers accentuate the highs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Honey, have you seen the paperbacks from the library anywhere around? They're threatening to institute fines if I don't get them back there this week...."

If Frank Herbert joins this site there is going to be a flame post for sure.

Thread Information