Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: westlake BBSM-15vnf SERIES SPEAKERS

westlake BBSM-15vnf SERIES SPEAKERS

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT DRIVERS ARE USED IN THE westlake BBSM-15vnf SERIES SPEAKERS, MAINLY THE 10" MIDBASS, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW ALL THE DRIVERS AND X-OVER POINTS THANKX

Here is a little info.

Woofer

2 x 15"

Midrange

1 x 10"

Tweeter

1 x 1"

Frequency Response ( +/- 3dB )

38Hz-20kHz

Power IEC Short/Long

200W/600W

Sensitivity @ 1m/2.83V

98dB

Crossover Frequency

350Hz/1.6kHz

Impedance Nominal/Minimum

4/2

Inputs

Heavy Duty Barrier Strip

Dimensions: H x W x D (ins.)

27.25 x 41 x 25

Dimensions: H x W x D (cms.)

69.2 x 104 x 63.5

Weight: Lbs. / Kg.

375 lbs. / 156.5

Finish

Black Utility Paint

The 15's are either Gauss ? or probably 2235H JBL
    The 10's are either Gauss 3184B or JBL 2122H JBL
    They have several options on the horn from Tad JBL and Gauss but I am not sure what models of drivers. I suspect Gauss is no longer supplied for obvious reasons. Although I have been told they have a wack of drivers and recone kits in stock to service their existing client's. This includes JBL 2122H's

Hope it helps

Ken , my goal for a load speaker would be much like the ones next to your name on your post. I have 4 tad 1602's and 2 2420's for starters, what Im looking for is a lowermid driver that will fill the job, but it must be good . I think the mid is the most important. could you suggest a driver, I have been out of this hobby for 20 years and a lot have changed , so I ask a lot of questions than make mistakes. thanks bill

this is the set up that I just put together http://www.e-speakers.com/images/ES-TAD-Ref1.jpg I used the tads and the 2345 horn for starters on hopes of getting the tads to hand off to the horns / but I missed ! / so now Im hoping on hanging a Midbass on the side. Do you thing I have a chance on getting these to work out? the cabinets are built with the rounded corners and all out of good qu. birch 1 1/2" front board 13 ply laninet sides and baffeled chambered as in the wire photo in the web site.

I sure hope so , but 4 right know I but get ready 4 work thanks

IMPRESSIVE

That's a heck of a design. It's like a Super JBL SVA Series on steroids wearing a really nice Armani suit. There's got to be a way to make that work.
    Out.

Exclamation Toledo

Quote Originally Posted by kartsmart
    I sure hope so , but 4 right know I but get ready 4 work thanks

Heck, man I was just in Toledo Saturday and Sunday. I could've come by and given a listen, then provided some feedback. I think the first thing I'd do is add a UHF tweeter/horn that allowed me to lower the upper range requirements of the 2345 (or swap it out entirely) in order to cross it over lower, closer to the woofers' useful range.

I think you could do that fairly easily in your current design, just above the current horn.
    Out.

wow this is great / I have been trying to get some feed back from the DIY forums and all I got was very little feed back, and what little I recieved was negitive. for one a 15" driver will never hand off to a horn! so I was asking if a pair of 6.5 midbass would work out because I thought it would be faster and cross over at a better range, they said it would be worse?
    I was thinking on scraping the whole thing and starting over.
    this is what I have the cabinet is 7.3 ft after stuffing drivers ect. using 4-3"x 28.5 ports , the cabinets are one with 2 bass drivers in each.
    the x-over IM trying to purches is the BEHRINGER DCX2496 ULTRADRIVE PRO DIGITAL CROSSOVER and thought it would do well, but have not found any in stock.
    but you know I bet a Jbl 36" slant lens would look good . Dont you ?
    Hey guys thanks for the great feed back !
    so you were in toledo last week end , did you start the riots lol, I only live about 2 mi from there

wow dude, I said I was cloning them with the part I listed / and yes those were tads. read a little closer before going off the handle banded thats not right

Quote Originally Posted by kartsmart
    BEHRINGER DCX2496 ULTRADRIVE PRO DIGITAL CROSSOVER
    I'm thinking that was intended to draw me in.

OK. I'm done with this attempt at frivolity. No need to track this thread, anymore.

Dood - I'm bored with much of this here too, but this ain't how, or where, I'm dealing with it. This won't make it better...

Me? I watch for the curious - those trying the learn the legacy. They still pop in now-and-again, and there are still many here that can help them.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    That's a heck of a design. It's like a Super JBL SVA Series on steroids wearing a really nice Armani suit. There's got to be a way to make that work.
    When I went here

http://www.e-speakers.com/products/diy.html

it was clear to me this was a DIY kit. Hence, my characterization of it as "a heck of a design." He even referred us to the "wire photo in the web site." So it was no mystery to me.

So what's the problem?
    Out.

I've pulled my posts. If he posts photos of his own work, I'll apologize. It's none of my business anyway.

David

I am sure I saw those cabinets before? I think they were from a guy in the L.A. area and if I recall he sold the cabinets and went another direction with the TAD components? In fact were they not posted here at that time???

Cool

While those cabs are incredibly beautiful, I'd take the K2 S9500 (or M9500) over them with a very similar driver layout, but a far superior HF transducer. In fact if you've never heard the 475nd, well...

Of course, the astute observer will note the K2 S9500 cabinet geometry as a prelude to the not-yet-born Performance Series and the driver arrangement as shades of the SVA Series. Trickle down didn't work very well in Reaganomics, but it works fine at JBL.
    Out.

what do you think about the idea of 2- 6.5"mid bass drivers hanging on the side? may like a good phl 1130 or the 1070 .Just a thought to see where it goes.

Thread Information