Thread: Its Alive... Now What?

ooppalla

Its Alive... Now What?

Yamaha 850 died close to month ago, Waited day and tried, and did that for several days... The unit would power off in about 10 seconds, thud sound ... no audio... I guessed power transformer problem, but I am clueless in that area
    Right Now, By habit, I turned the unit on with the TV, and It works fine
    And UPS is delivering a new HK 7300 tomorrow

Is this one of thoset temporary lapses from coma and then the movie ends or will this baby work for a while?

The Yami had died 20 minutes into a heavy action movie, I had finally got the rear surround speakers running, it was years since I had run them hooked up
    (Rear amps, 25 RMS. @ 1K, and no real bottom end/small rear channel Altecs) at a reasonably louds levels, 90-95 db averages (no where near distortion). Good ventilation

Any ideas of tests, etc. by a shop?
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by ooppalla View Post
    Yamaha 850 died close to month ago, Waited day and tried, and did that for several days... The unit would power off in about 10 seconds, thud sound ... no audio... I guessed power transformer problem, but I am clueless in that area
    Right Now, By habit, I turned the unit on with the TV, and It works fine
    And UPS is delivering a new HK 7300 tomorrow

Is this one of thoset temporary lapses from coma and then the movie ends or will this baby work for a while?

The Yami had died 20 minutes into a heavy action movie, I had finally got the rear surround speakers running, it was years since I had run them hooked up
    (Rear amps, 25 RMS. @ 1K, and no real bottom end/small rear channel Altecs) at a reasonably louds levels, 90-95 db averages (no where near distortion). Good ventilation

Any ideas of tests, etc. by a shop?
    Thx
    It looks like I may be getting a used HK AVR 7300 today, if all goes well -
    So - what are your long term comments on the unit - likes, dislikes, hates?

Still working well for you, nearly 4 years later?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information