Thread: 12" woofer info

dblaxter

12" woofer info

hi ,
    does anyone know what the kit # is or what would be the proper match for surround replacement on the 1200H woofers , used in the century gold model , someone else had them listed as being used in the L100ti which i have never heard of such a model. was there such a model?
    also is anyone familar with the new layout on the jbl.com site ,seems they did away with alot of info on older models, very dissapointing, if it were not for our former member i would not know where to get some of the info desperatly needed. someone else here had bought a set from an outside source , anyway if there is any info i would apprtiate the help.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dblaxter
    hi ,
    does anyone know what the kit # is or what would be the proper match for surround replacement on the 1200H woofers , used in the century gold model , someone else had them listed as being used in the L100ti which i have never heard of such a model. was there such a model?
    also is anyone familar with the new layout on the jbl.com site ,seems they did away with alot of info on older models, very dissapointing, if it were not for our former member i would not know where to get some of the info desperatly needed. someone else here had bought a set from an outside source , anyway if there is any info i would apprtiate the help.
    thanks
    I believe the recone kit for the L100 Century Gold woofer is the same as LE120H. The L100T/T3 uses a 2214H
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

dblaxter
    hi , thanks for reply , i do have a le120h recone kit ,if it is the same is it possible that they use different dust caps, the dustcap on the le120 has a shiny coating ,while the 1200 does not , does that sound right to you .

also is the le120h the same driver used in the L7's,

Quote Originally Posted by dblaxter
    hi , thanks for reply , i do have a le120h recone kit ,if it is the same is it possible that they use different dust caps, the dustcap on the le120 has a shiny coating ,while the 1200 does not , does that sound right to you .

also is the le120h the same driver used in the L7's,
    Sounds right....the 1200H is supposed to look like a unique driver with the gold plated frame. I have two left....had (6). The voice coil former is stamped "LE120H" if you look through the side vent screen where the frame meets the magnet assy. Great low freq drivers.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

dblaxter
    hi , does that mean you might be interested in selling them , also would they be a good replacement for the 128h-1's in 120ti's , the 120ti's are not true , they dont have the 104h, they have 104h-2, 044ti's are now 044's , and i only have 1 128H the other is a 2214, the speakers are in my shop , (auto repair shop) so its a priviledge for me to even have them for a shop sterero , had two sets of L110's but replaced the one set with the altered 120ti's.
    i have heard good info on the 1200H woofers so i am glad to here the LE120H kit is the same , have a set of the 1200H woofers on there way (ebay),if they need help that means i have aleast one kit, but it would be nice and i would feel better about buying from a fellow member. the seller that andresohc bought a set from in the past had some left but i lost his contact info ,he had blems or seconds, maybe it was a good thing.
    well if you are thinking about selling i would be interested , would not mind a second set for another project.

Smile LE120H-1

Yes, the LE120H-1 is the side-firing LF driver in the L7.
    Out.

Hi

For those wanting to buy brand new woofers / here's todays' price from Harman .

( BTW - I think these are great prices ! )
    (Better get before they too are incorporated into the Array Series & become NLA )

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information