Thread: Would you like a $210 score for $20 + Tax in SoCal?

Exclamation Would you like a $210 score for $20 + Tax in SoCal?

Hi all,

Nothing fishy here but it is time limited. Thought I would quickly share a great score that you can get too if you hurry. It's the best thing to do for friends here that have been so helpful to me.

One caveat: you must be in SoCal as far as I know. Here's the deal.

Southern California Edison, our resident electric utility, runs rebate programs on various energy saving items. With the soaring costs of energy and especially electricity (my electric bill last month was more than $225!! ), I think everyone may be looking for ways to cut energy consumption and costs.

I just stumbled upon the fact that SCE teamed up with many SoCal (LA/OC/inland empire?) Costco warehouses and are offerring a limited time rebate on Feit Electric Energy Saving 100W equivalent Compact Fluorescent Twist bulbs. These 23Watt bulbs, stock # 987764, normally run $8.79 per Costco 4 pack of bulbs. The SCE rebate, which is automatically done at the cash register (YIPPEE, no mail-in crap rebates ) is $8.00 off / each 4 pack. In other words, you get the 4 pack of bulbs for $0.79 + taxes on the original $8.79. That's less than 20 cents/bulb!!

I don't know how many bulbs you may use in your residence or business, or whether you even like Compact Fluorescent bulbs (they can seem a bit stark white). But they do use less energy and generate less heat so your air conditioning bill will be less in the summer too. At about 17 cents/kW-hr, a 75% reduction in energy usage with lighting alone will add up quickly and they last longer too.

I felt pretty good when I looked at my Costco receipt tonight - I bought two full cartons of 12 4-packs each - total of 96 bulbs = total of $210.96. The rebate was next listed at $192.00. Net cost - $18.96. Add 16.88 for taxes, and I left the store having paid $35.84 total! I have no idea what to do with 96 bulbs (lifetime supply, use as birthday gifts - got to buy more lamps?) but isn't that the way it is with scores when you're a cheap sumbitch, get what you can (like 4 empty JBL L300 Cabinets?).

Now the other details. Far as I know, the rebate runs till October 15, 2005. I don't know if all SoCal Costco's are stocking or participating. And some stores have already run out of stock and have reordered but who knows if they will come in beofre the rebate is over (Fullerton, Industry, Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga). I do know that Montclair, Yorba Linda have them in some quantity. Best to check with at least 3 stores nearby you to see if they have stock and offer the rebate. There are no rain checks for this promotion as I understand it. You may not want to go to the Montclair store as I'm sending my school facilities person down there tomorrow to clean them out!

Because this is an unadvertised special between SCE and a merchant/supplier, lots of people DON'T know about this - even many of the regular Costco workers. So hurry and post back here what you found or bought.

Cheers!!!

Bart

The only remaining incandescent lights here are in the oven and refrigerator. CF bulbs are available in a range of color temperatures. I used to think I liked the "warmest" best, but I've gotten over that.

CA's new energy regs require high efficacy (read "fluorescent") in all permanent fixtures in new construction.

The savings can be HUGE....

http://www.cltc.ucdavis.edu/?objecti...051C88E01DB5C7

Thread Information