Thread: Neil Young Prairie Wind

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Neil Young Prairie Wind

Any of you listen yet?? I just got the version released with a DVD. If you can get that version. The DVD has two Hi-Res PCM tracks. A movie with 24bit 48Khz and 24bit 96Khz Audio only tracks. You end up with the full CD in 3 different sampling rates starting with CD 16bit 44.1Khz. Any decent DVD/SACD player will play the Hi-Res tracks at full resoultion which sounds real nice! The music is Neil acoustic with country roots showing his mellow side so no Crazy Horse hear at all. If you like him this way it's well worth it for just watching the movie of them playing in the studio sessions.

Opps I forgot we aren't nuance kind of guys so we won't be able to hear it anyway so nevermind.

Sorry I'll apologize up front for that remark but I couldn't resist

Rob

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    24bit 48Khz and 24bit 96Khz Audio only tracks....

Opps I forgot we aren't nuance kind of guys so we won't be able to hear it anyway so nevermind.
    I really doubt I personally could hear the difference, but some of my friends in the tour-sound and recording business refuse to use anything less that 192khz when digital - sometimes I wonder where science leaves off and voodo takes over...

John

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    I really doubt I personally could hear the difference, but some of my friends in the tour-sound and recording business refuse to use anything less that 192khz when digital - sometimes I wonder where science leaves off and voodo takes over...

John
    Science in a nontechnical culture is voodoo, or magic, or sorcery.
    Out.

"I really doubt I personally could hear the difference,"

Don't sell yourself short I bet you could between the CD and the 24/96Khz. If you get the chance try and see. More natural, smoother, more fluid and amazing clarity. It just flows and it's effortless. You can focus on anything in the mix and follow it. The backround singers voices are all clear and distinct. I am no golden ear either pushin 50.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    "I really doubt I personally could hear the difference,"

Don't sell yourself short I bet you could between the CD and the 24/96Khz. If you get the chance try and see. More natural, smoother, more fluid and amazing clarity. It just flows and it's effortless. You can focus on anything in the mix and follow it. The backround singers voices are all clear and distinct. I am no golden ear either pushin 50.

Rob
    I pushed 50 some years a go. My right ear seems like it's always plugged up with wax. My ear hairs grow 1/2" a day and poke my ear drums. My midrange and bass drivers are made out of Titanium so my ears ring all the time from the tinny membranes.

Even I can hear the difference with 24/96. Freaking amazing...
    Out.

Hi Rob Thanks for the heads up on the Young release. I might pick up a copy, Where did you score it and what was the damage?

Thread Information