Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New vocabulary wanted

pangea
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer
    Absolutely! With nothing but the theme to the X-Files playing. How could you keep from laughing?
    Hold on just a second, just before you were laughing hilariously at the mere thought of an empty forum, so, where did the X-files theme come from, all of a sudden?

I have to ask, how old are you really?

/Roland

pangea
    Quote Originally Posted by P.Warner
    The objective being, to arrive at some sort of moniker that might enter into the common parlance, that in a geniuine but general way is descriptive. Such a description would be a participant in the elucidation to others and not an encompassing emblem.
    Exactly my sentiment!

BR
    Roland

The version i've heard is Junky But Loud; in either case the current perception in the recording realm is that JBL is solid but not elite, with no comprehension of their lineage amongst most buyers. The exceptions: rap and metals bands, "'cause "they've got good bass.." and others who misperceive the current monitors as "flat".

The 80s JBLs compare favorably with current top brands i've A-B'd directly.

Further JBL musings..
    http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_...;f=18;t=006891

Quote Originally Posted by analogbass
    The 80s JBLs compare favorably with current top brands i've A-B'd directly.
    I`ve heard all the JBL slogans, but I love certain 70,s and 80,s JBL. They have something!
    scottyj

Posted by emperor72 (Member # 12338) ondocument.write(timestamp(new Date(2004,4,22,0,10,0), dfrm, tfrm, 0, 0, 0, 0)); May 22, 2004 12:10 AMMay 22, 2004 12:10 AM:

Excellent reputation in Pro-Audio?

Just because JBL is sold in the pro-audio section at GC dosent mean its good.

i guess it depends on who you ask?

i wont have JBL in my studio.

OMG, his "studio"!? What a silly jackass! Where do these turds come from!?

Just because he claims to have a studio doesn't mean he does, or if he does, it doesn't mean he's any good.

I guess it depends on whom you ask?

I won't have any emperor72 shit in my listening room.

Ignorant jackass.
    Out.

For some reason I thought this thread was going to evolve into some insightful and lucid discourse. Perhaps curious, not unlike G.B.Shaw's observation of "A people divided by a common language". I now realise this is the insightful discourse at the pub, seven hours later.

Smile Lansingites

As for the whole name thing, I think cults should be named after their founders. The only thing we can really come together on is the James B. Lansing heritage and subsequent legacy. Many of us like those wonderful vintage speakers and drivers, some like horns, some like new speakers and drivers, some like EOS Waveguides, some like DIY cabs with custom-tuned crossovers and modded drivers, the ONLY thing in common is respect for the man, his vision, his company, its brilliant engineers, its quality craftsmen and women,

So, I say we're all Lansingites.

Others held them in derision, but there was no name more coveted by his followers than to be called "Lansingites."
    Out.

pangea

Spam

Quote Originally Posted by P.Warner
    For some reason I thought this thread was going to evolve into some insightful and lucid discourse. Perhaps curious, not unlike G.B.Shaw's observation of "A people divided by a common language". I now realise this is the insightful discourse at the pub, seven hours later.
    I think what we see here, is that the spamming, unfortunately already has begun.

Although I do not disagree with what has been said here, in principal, but it is OT.

So, could you (spammers) who are clearly not interested in the topic, please take that discussion to another thread?

BR
    Roland
    Last edited by pangea; 09-29-2005 at 01:10 AM. Reason: adding

pangea
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    As for the whole name thing, I think cults should be named after their founders. The only thing we can really come together on is the James B. Lansing heritage and subsequent legacy. Many of us like those wonderful vintage speakers and drivers, some like horns, some like new speakers and drivers, some like EOS Waveguides, some like DIY cabs with custom-tuned crossovers and modded drivers, the ONLY thing in common is respect for the man, his vision, his company, its brilliant engineers, its quality craftsmen and women,

So, I say we're all Lansingites.

Others held them in derision, but there was no name more coveted by his followers than to be called "Lansingites."
    Yes we are Lansingites too, but not only Lansingites IMHO.
    Why?
    Because being a Lansingite, is only a part of it:
    - Being a Lansingite also doesn't make the distinction from HiFi and HT clear and obvious.
    - Being a Lansingite, automatically excludes the use of any components, other than JBL or Altec.

BR
    Roland

Ummmm, I THINK we do HT, too....

pangea
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Ummmm, I THINK we do HT, too....
    Yes of course we do, but that's also beside the point, too ...

BR
    Roland

pangea
    Remember when you started this shit a few years ago and pissed a bunch of people off? You're starting to piss me off again. At first I thought you were being funny; I definitely mistook your first post. Now I see you are serious. We don't need labels for people here. Go join a club or something in your home town if you feel the need to be labeled.
    What is it with you?

First of all, I haven't a clue of what you're rambling about and what would you know about what might or might not have happened a few years back?
    Also, how can I possibly piss you off again, since it seems you haven't been around that long.

Secondly it's obvious you don't even understand what this thread is all about. If it's because you are unable or unwilling to comprehend it, I'm not sure, let's hope it isn't both.

Thirdly, who exactly is "We don't need labels for people here" and in what position are you in exactly, to know what other people want or don't want on this forum? Besides the fact that I was trying to find a better word for what I am and possibly others, that is distinct from HiFi and other areas, but you wouldn'n know that would you!? If you're not interested in this subject, why do you feel the need to try to destroy the thread? Why not just let it be?

Last but not least, I have several times now, asked you politely, to stay out of my postings and my threads, but obviously, this is also something that you are unable/unwilling to understand. I wonder why.

/Roland
    Last edited by pangea; 09-29-2005 at 06:40 AM. Reason: spelling

pelly3s
    come on guys no fighting now. its supposed to be a fun pieceful place now everyone grab a beer and lets all get a long

pangea
    Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s
    come on guys no fighting now. its supposed to be a fun pieceful place now everyone grab a beer and lets all get a long
    I'm all for that, I just don't want to be insulted and patronized by a bully, that's all.

BR
    Roland

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pangea
    I'm all for that, I just don't want to be insulted and patronized by a bully, that's all.
    I really think you're taking this all too personally, Roland. Most people see the dry humor/wit/ and even sarcism Lancer prefers for what it is, and just chalk it up to his personality. Heck, if we were all the same here, what fun would that be? You really need to let these things roll off your back and not affect you so much. Around here, they refer to it as having a "teflon" vest...

John

Thread Information