Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Array Series

Smile On display soon?

I stopped by Sing Young in San Gabriel today to check on something here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...&postcount=549

and I was shooting the breeze with the shopgirl (she's really a young lady) and she indicated they might be setting up a Project Array room when JBL gets around to acutally shipping them.

Of course, it's a wing and a prayer right now, but hey, if they ever get a set up, I'll be there to give a listen. Of course, I'll report back.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome

I was shooting the breeze with the shopgirl (she's really a young lady.
    Was that Angie you were talking to or someone else?

Smile a little poem

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959
    Was that Angie you were talking to or someone else?

Angie Mao,
    Yes, and how!
    Out.

what does she look like? she sounds very sweet ( and smart) on the phone.

Take yer camera next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch

Take yer camera next time.

I was thinking the same thing

Personally I was thinking this whole off topic exploration as a waste of pixels...

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget

Personally I was thinking this whole off topic exploration as a waste of pixels...

Widget
    We are ever so humbled by your example over the years of NEVER going off topic. We stand corrected and also are in complete awe of your willpower. Please forgive us mere mortals.

Yeah.... whatever.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959
    Please forgive us mere morals.
    We'll forgive your morals
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    We'll forgive your morals
    thank GOD someone will........

MJC

In the meantime, back on thread:
    I was looking at the pic of the 1500 Array BG. The driver looked a whole lot like my sub1500s. I can't see any differences, from the front view anyway.

Smile Since we're back on topic...

Here's a blurb from Audioholics from the recently completed show in Anaheim. You may need to scroll down a little for the Project Array photos and blurb.

http://www.audioholics.com/ehx/ehx20...05Anaheim2.php

Edit: Given the gushing nature of the prose, I'd guess these folks never saw/heard the Performance Series.
    Last edited by Titanium Dome; 11-26-2005 at 12:18 PM. Reason: petty retaliation
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Edit: Given the gushing nature of the prose, I'd guess these folks never saw/heard the Performance Series.

Quote Originally Posted by MJC
    I was looking at the pic of the 1500 Array BG. The driver looked a whole lot like my sub1500s. I can't see any differences, from the front view anyway.
    The W1500 is the new sub as used in the Project Array Sub... it has been mentioned a couple of times in various threads. It is slightly different than our friend the Sub1500... the biggest changes being that it sports a new frame and an 8 ohm rating.

Widget

Post JBL's 2006 blurb

Here's an updated spin on the Project Array Series, and a price is mentioned, too! It just doesn't say which one goes for $3k. If that's for the 800 Array, then hold onto your hat for the 1400 Array's price.

from Frank Doris, FM Group Public Relations

JBL Project Array: A Breakthrough in Ultrahigh-End Loudspeaker Design

JBL’s ultrahigh-end Project Array loudspeakers combine JBL’s innovative compression driver technologies with state-of-the-art dynamic drivers to take advantage of the sonic strengths of both designs. Project Array models include the 1400 Array and 1000 Array floorstanding loudspeakers, the 800 Array stand-mounted loudspeaker; the 880 Array center channel loudspeaker; and the 1500 Array powered subwoofer with a built-in 1000-watt amplifier. In active demonstrations at CES 2006, the 1000 Array is featured in a two-channel JBL Synthesis system, showcasing its capability of reproducing music with remarkable purity and realism.

Project Array loudspeakers combine the exceptional dynamic range, transient response and “effortless” sound quality of horn-loaded compression drivers with the precise imaging, three-dimensional soundstage and articulate low-frequency impact provided by the finest dynamic drivers. The Project Array Series truly offers the best of both designs, along with unsurpassed resolution and a smooth, natural tonal balance.

To achieve their superlative performance, the 1400 Array, 1000 Array and 800 Array loudspeakers feature advanced-technology Bi-Radial®-horn compression drivers mounted vertically in a freestanding configuration. This design eliminates enclosure diffraction effects to provide ultrastable imaging and an expansive soundstage. The 880 Array employs a vertically mounted Bi-Radial-horn compression driver flanked by dual woofers to deliver articulate reproduction of dialogue and effects. The Bi-Radial drivers are made from an extremely dense and inert material to eliminate unwanted sonic colorations, and incorporate their midrange/high-frequency and ultrahigh-frequency transducers into a unified horn assembly that optimizes the horn’s dispersion pattern and tonal accuracy, both on- and off-axis.

To complement these unique transducers, Project Array loudspeakers employ ultimate-quality low-frequency drivers that are engineered to deliver extended and articulate bass response. JBL Project Array loudspeakers are constructed from only the highest grade materials and components.

Project Array loudspeakers are as distinctive in appearance as they are in performance. All models are available in an elegant lacquered-wood finish, complemented by an ultraflat, soft-touch, rubberized black finish for the top surfaces – a unique design that blends classic and high-tech elements.

JBL Project Array loudspeakers are currently available with suggested retail pricing beginning at $3,000 each.
    Out.

Thread Information