Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Studio L Series

The moderators are some of the most knowledgeable and well respected people on the site and I appreciate and enjoy reading posts with opinions and am capable of judging the difference between moderating tasks and opinions.

I miss seeing more posts from the moderators. I feel their inputs have been the foundation of the site. I hope we dont establish rules that make them reconsider every posted opinion. Bottom line I appreciate informed input about speakers, opinions or fact if based on intelligence and thought.

Question Lost again

All right

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    Thanks Lancer,

At least someone is on the ball....and I admire your candid and transparent disclosure.

Its about playing the game straight you have to be playing the game straight.

If those in a position of responsibility can't abide by the rules they should step aside..period. Thankfully someone has come forward.
    I go to bed, I get up, the thread has gone completely OT, there are references like this that make no sense to me (reference from Lancer removed maybe?).

Two threads that were exciting to me, one on the Array Series and now this one on the Studio L Series, are now messsed up. I just wanted to talk about new JBL speakers. This is big news, good news.

What's really going on here? Obviously I'm clueless. :dont-know
    Out.

Oh yeah, I removed it. Feel free to reinstate my post if desired. I figured Don could say it better than I could.

Well who really cares what you agree and don't agree with, this is an open forum community and your comments to an open media sound like a judgement call than moderation...check your RULES.
    My mother cares! Beyond that take it with what ever type of salt you like. Of course its an opinion. I can back it up with facts and figures and we can start a thread debating it if you like.

The rules specifically state that contradictory view points and criticisms are OK as long as they are not about fellow forum members.

Now, if I were to call you a jerk, that would be out of line so I never would. I wouldn't even publicly say you were acting like one, which in my opinion is different than being one, but as I all too often do, I digress.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer
    Oh yeah, I removed it. Feel free to reinstate my post if desired. I figured Don could say it better than I could.
    It's been undeleeted.

Thanks, that helps a bit.
    Out.

i agree with TD. this started out to be a good thread...i precieved no infraction or condesention, someone agrees with someone else in a friendly way...why would anyone feel insult?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    All right

I go to bed, I get up, the thread has gone completely OT, Two threads that were exciting to me, one on the Array Series and now this one on the Studio L Series, are now messsed up. I just wanted to talk about new JBL speakers. This is big news, good news.
    Ditto...... :dont-know

Thanks Lancer,

At least someone is on the ball....and I admire your candid and transparent disclosure.

Its about playing the game straight you have to be playing the game straight.

If those in a position of responsibility can't abide by the rules they should step aside..period. Thankfully someone has come forward.
    All I have to say is you moderators have to communicate more. The moderator who closed the thread was right in doing so. The irritating point from my perspective is that the thread wasn't immediately put on ice right after Earl started it so JBL could validate what was on their website and give the thumbs up (errors have been made before *). Everyone knew discussing Project Array was off limits, it has been for over a year, and the moderator who closed the thread was acting on that knowledge. JBL did give the thumbs up and even sent along some documents to add to the site. The thread can be opened anytime any moderator wishes to open it. This is one of the very few times JBL has asked anything of us and frankly, abiding by their wishes wasn't a hardship.

* Reference several Service Center and Dealer members posting about being unable to get anything from JBL concerning Project Array. There was a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer
    All I have to say is you moderators have to communicate more.
    That's for sure. We sure can look pretty silly at times. In my life outside of these discussion forums I can look pretty silly too, so I guess I am comfortable wearing that hat.

Mr. Dome,

I am sorry to have continued the OT portion of this thread... maybe like Zilch and others with several quotes at the bottom of their posts, I should add a signature to my postings... something to the effect of "I'm liable to veer off topic without any notice..." and also a disclaimer that "any opinions expressed or implied are only those of the poster."

As for my apparent altercation with a fellow moderator... I am rather confused about that one myself.

Widget

PS. I for one find it interesting when people post threads about the various new series from JBL. I would probably never discover them otherwise.

"My mother cares!" would be good....

You as a member have a right to a PUBLIC answer of that question raised.

A non answer is misleading and deceptive in conduct.

For moral and ethical reasons Don should come forward an offer an explanation.

Ian
    None of of us have any entitlement to read, post, or demand answers from anyone else here. We are guests, and the site founder sets a fine example of courtesy and patience to put up with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C
    None of of us have any entitlement to read, post, or demand answers from anyone else here. We are guests, and the site founder sets a fine example of courtesy and patience to put up with us.
    Precisely correct, and well said.

Now, can we talk about speakers?

Thanks!

Regards,
    Gordon.

Holly Molly!!

What's going on around here???

'Now, can we talk about speakers?

Thanks!"

Yeah good idea! Let's try this again.

Rob

Yes, there's nothing worse than a speakers that insists on buzzing and rattling.

Perhaps we all need an Aquaplas coating, stop rattling and start listening

I've already ordered mine

But some things just won't stop rattling, isn't that right.

Ian

Thread Information