Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Studio L Series

has anyone compared the l890 vs the l280? wondering if the 890 betters it ,even though the l280 is better cabinet. about the same price plus shippin to the us to have the l280.. very sexy black !

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyJ View Post
    has anyone compared the l890 vs the l280? wondering if the 890 betters it ,even though the l280 is better cabinet. about the same price plus shippin to the us to have the l280.. very sexy black !
    What is the L280? Do you mean the L820? If that is the case, then there is no comparision. The L890 is a Full-Range speaker. The L820 is a surround speaker made to XO to a sub @ 80htz. Both work very well together.

I have a chance to buy a pair of L890s. Should I get them?

BTW - they are $675.00 for the pair.

Thanks.

-Storm

Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    What is the L280? Do you mean the L820? If that is the case, then there is no comparision. The L890 is a Full-Range speaker. The L820 is a surround speaker made to XO to a sub @ 80htz. Both work very well together.

Yes and don't even blink

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I have a chance to buy a pair of L890s. Should I get them?

BTW - they are $675.00 for the pair.

Thanks.

-Storm
    That is half what I paid at Fry's, last summer. And they're worth all of the $1400/pr I paid.

JBL Studio series

I am brand new to this forum. My experience with quality sound systems is limited. My last two sound systems were cheap and bought from big box stores. I will be installing a home theater system in my basement and want to make a nice upgrade from what I have! I am currently finishing my basement and have roughed in all of the necessary boxes, cable, etc. for a 5.1 speaker system. After some research, I decided the studio L series would be the best fit for me. My system will be geared more for home theater than pure music play back. I still want a system to play a wide variety of music that sounds good. I am going with the L820's for L/R mains, LC2 for center and the 8400P as the sub. Initially, I decided the L810's would be the best choice for the surrounds based on this system configuration. However, another set of L820's might sound better. My rough-ins and blocking will work for either speaker type. I would appreciate any thoughts or opinions on this. I won't buy the speakers until next Spring when my basement is finally done. As a side note, I think I will go with the Onkyo TX-SR875 AVR for driving these speakers. I'm not sure this is my best choice based on performance per dollar, but it has received some good reviews as well. Any suggestions on the L820 speakers as surrounds in conjunction with L820's as L/R mains would be heplful! Thanks, RKK

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by RKK View Post
    I am brand new to this forum. My experience with quality sound systems is limited. I am going with the L820's for L/R mains, LC2 for center and the 8400P as the sub. Initially, I decided the L810's would be the best choice for the surrounds based on this system configuration. However, another set of L820's might sound better. My rough-ins and blocking will work for either speaker type. I would appreciate any thoughts or opinions on this. Any suggestions on the L820 speakers as surrounds in conjunction with L820's as L/R mains would be heplful! Thanks, RKK
    Hello, and welcome to the forum.
    The Studio L series is a very good system. By all means go with L820 for all channels except the center. The LC2 is a very good center. Using identical speakers all around is the best way to go.
    As for a receiver, I'm more of a H/K person. Nothing against Onkyo, but the H/K receivers have options most others don't and they work very well with JBL, same company.

Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    Hello, and welcome to the forum.
    The Studio L series is a very good system. By all means go with L820 for all channels except the center. The LC2 is a very good center. Using identical speakers all around is the best way to go.
    As for a receiver, I'm more of a H/K person. Nothing against Onkyo, but the H/K receivers have options most others don't and they work very well with JBL, same company.
    I agree with MJC completely. Using the ame speakers at all positions is generally seen as the ideal setup for a 5.1 system. The LC2 is essentially just an L820 with an extra 6" speaker so it should be a perfect match. If I were you Id jump on the L820's now as who knows how long our friendly ebay store most of us in this thread have gotten our Studio L's from will still have the speakers avaiable.

Originally posted by MJC

Ditto on that, The HK 7300 was a major improvement from the Onkyo TX-DS 797. My Studio series JBLs like it much better.

Studio L speakers

Thank you everybody for the input. I will go with the L820's for mains and surrounds. I like the HK receivers as well , but they don't have HDMI 1.3 features yet. I want the 1.3 version for the home theater set up. Originally, I was looking at the HK645. Maybe HK will have a HDMI 1.3 AVR by Spring. I'll look at ebay as well for the L820 speakers and see how they compete.

Sudio L series

I checked the ebay store for the L820's. They are listed at $ 320.00 a pair! That is a great deal! Seems too good to be true. Is this a good
    purchase option? Apparently this has been a preferred source for members on this form. Reliability is listed at 99.1% for the seller. Not too bad.

I checked the ebay store for the L820's. They are listed at $ 320.00 a pair! That is a great deal! Seems too good to be true. Is this a good
    purchase option? Apparently this has been a preferred source for members on this form. Reliability is listed at 99.1% for the seller. Not too bad.
    I got my LC2, 820s and 810s from him. All arrived in great condition..Boy, I wish I sold JBL Speakers!

I bought my L820's and my LC2 from him and all came sealed in original boxes and are working perfectly. Hope to save up and buy the L890's from him soon

Sudio L series

I just bought four L820 speakers for $ 640.00 + freight. Too good to pass up! I didn't see the LC2 for sale. I figure better get these right now while they are still available at that price. I hope they soung good when matched up with the LC2 and 8400P sub. I'm sure they will based on reviews and this forum.

MJC
    That ebay store continually rotates his stock, might have one model or another one week and different models the next.

Thread Information