Thread: My Third Pair....4408

2pair

My Third Pair....4408

Hello All....! Good to 'see' you again.

I guess I might have to change my name to 3pair now... I bought a nice little pair of 4408 a couple of weeks ago. Consectutive numbers, walnut.
    I know, I know... Tiny, by youse guys standards anyway, but I've always liked small speakers up close. Mind you I've always lived in small spaces and with humble budgets.

If anyone is keeping score the family now is as follows: L-75 Minuet, L-110, and now 4408.
    (Also KEF 104/2, but they don't count here, besides theyr'e in the boxes in a closet...I can't find an amp that will drive them well...but I digress )

These 4408 are amazing for the size!
    I'm running them through a 'vintage' 100w Technics receiver with computer and DVD input.
    All I can say is WOW!
    For only being a foot wide and maybe 16in tall! I don't have meters and gauges to tell me so, but plenty of bass I can FEEL! And as a bonus Wifey likes the walnut cabs (she also thinks 8 inches is more than enuff...if driven right! )

I don't think they were made in the 'glory days', but fine speakers in my opinion...

I would welcome any comments...
    I believe the components are; 116H-2, and 035Ti ....is that right...?
    Any documents on these?

Thanks
    3pair

2pair
    Thanks Zilch...I can never find this stuff

Your obviously a man of few words

comgrads on your purchase. Those are really good speakers, enjoy. I've wanted a pair for parts of the office.

Nice ones

Yes, they are good little speakers, and they can still be had at great prices. They're better than some vintage stuff that sells for more.

Now, as for this:

(she also thinks 8 inches is more than enuff...if driven right! )
    Out.

Excellent sound-punchy, concise and uncolored, in a small, inexpensive package. The smaller versions of my 4425s..

Thread Information