Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Array Product Release

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    They show up in the new Web site, though--all five locations, including San Diego.

I searched under Where To Buy for the Performance Series.

http://www.jbl.com/home/where_to_buy...re_to_buy.aspx

Enter a SoCal Zip code (like 90210) and select Performance Series, and there they are!
    I just entered my SF zip and got several LA locations, San Diego, and Arizona... I guess they aren't venturing north of LA County... I was searching for all music speakers.

Widget

Maron Horonzakz
    Like the company I retired from..The director was more interested in empire building his own division than serving his clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz
    Like the company I retired from..The director was more interested in empire building his own division than serving his clients.
    I introduced myself to Dr. Sydney Harman at the CES Show about 8 or 9 years ago when he happened to be on the show floor...I couldn't have gotten a more aloof, disinterested, greeting from him....limp handshake, cold look. I guess I was bothering him after I said what a fan I was of JBL....and a Service Center. He gave me the feeling I was a peasant and he was doing me a grand favor by even acknowledging my existence. My attitude changed about JBL Consumer from that day forward. He doesn't give a rat's ass about the dealers, sercice centers...or the customer...and neither does his daughter, Gina. He's purely shareholder driven. I was surprised at his personal demeanor considering his entreprenurial beginnings.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

I know we need some honest, healthy discourse on here, but I suggest we attenuate the biting of the hand that still feeds us things.

paragon

Please members

Ian !! Im so exited !! and i just can hi....

Quote Originally Posted by mikebake
    I know we need some honest, healthy discourse on here, but I suggest we attenuate the biting of the hand that still feeds us things.
    Well....consider the postings a customer satisfaction survey. Some companies actually want to know how they stand with the people that make them rich...or quit making them rich. Dr. Harman's a public figure....he can take it.

They show up in the new Web site, though--all five locations, including San Diego.

I searched under Where To Buy for the Performance Series.

http://www.jbl.com/home/where_to_buy...re_to_buy.aspx

Enter a SoCal Zip code (like 90210) and select Performance Series, and there they are!
    GREAT!!! that's what we need BIG TIME. When I did a search some time ago, all that came up was Best Buy. Maybe our bitching and hair pulling on the forum has paid off a little ( hey, we can dream can't we?)

Now maybe they'll go and makeup ( or offer really good deals) with some dealers and make these available in more stores.

While I'm not real big on the vintage stuff ( been there - done that) except for a piece or two now and then, I still love the company and think they have the best minds and know how. I like to try out the new stuff more than the old and that's why I get frustrated, you can't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    Well....consider the postings a customer satisfaction survey. Some companies actually want to know how they stand with the people that make them rich...or quit making them rich.
    I agree, as long as it doesn't become name calling..

Maybe our bitching and hair pulling on the forum has paid off a little ( hey, we can dream can't we?)
    That's the spirit...it's too bad that the company has to see pissed off customers to act....hmmm....sounds like current events.

JBL!

I introduced myself to Dr. Sydney Harman at the CES Show about 8 or 9 years ago when he happened to be on the show floor...I couldn't have gotten a more aloof, disinterested, greeting from him....limp handshake, cold look. I guess I was bothering him after I said what a fan I was of JBL....and a Service Center. He gave me the feeling I was a peasant and he was doing me a grand favor by even acknowledging my existence. My attitude changed about JBL Consumer from that day forward. He doesn't give a rat's ass about the dealers, sercice centers...or the customer...and neither does his daughter, Gina. He's purely shareholder driven. I was surprised at his personal demeanor considering his entreprenurial beginnings.
    I go to the AES show in Manhattan! Every time JBL has a booth with a static display! You ask the reps to hear the latest showings they have on the floor, they tell you its not hooked up! Their attitude is always like " Oh well" ! :dont-know I dont understand why they run JBL the way they do these days!

All the other companies have functional displays!

I do know that JBL products could and should be represented in a more positive and human way!

OTOH, Harman has grown so big, and owns so many brand names that do sell a ton of product, that maybe it doesnt really matter what people think of JBL, or what they purchase!

Of course, I am happy to see a speaker with high end consumers in mind! JBL needs to have, at least in my opinion, a product that mops the floor with the other leading brands products! If for nothing more than to show they can!

?
    scottyj

Not only that, the dealer in question has four or five locations in SoCal. I'd have never heard of the dealer except for you.
    ...and that dealer only has the Northridge Series on display. I called the one with a phone number...Sing Young Music...Cosmos Digital has NO JBL on display.

In other words...there are NO dealers in So Cal with a representation of JBL on display...call the dealers listed on the website. I called one dealer and the gal on the phone said they don't sell components "unless you spend like a gazillion dollars for a complete custom system"...yes that's a quote . Anybody see a problem here with our beloved JBL? I can't even go listen to them anywhere...how am I supposed to audition them before I plunk down my hard earned money?

Smile don't forget the other new stuff

for example, the Studio L Series

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/series.aspx?SerId=SLS

or the Cinemavision stuff (I know it's been around a little while)

http://www.jblcinemavision.com/

The JBL line up is as deep as I've seen it in the last decade.

That can only be good news, IMO.
    Out.

It aint just JBL!

...and that dealer only has the Northridge Series on display. I called the one with a phone number...Sing Young Music...Cosmos Digital has NO JBL on display.

In other words...there are NO dealers in So Cal with a representation of JBL on display...call the dealers listed on the website. I called one dealer and the gal on the phone said they don't sell components "unless you spend like a gazillion dollars for a complete custom system"...yes that's a quote . Anybody see a problem here with our beloved JBL?
    Thats the song of the 21st century! No one wants to sell components anymore, they want to sell complete systems!

I even called a local pro audio shop in NY to see if they had rack screws, and was told, "O, Im sorry, we only provide those in complete installs, we dont sell them as an individual product " ! So I ordered a bag of 100 rack screws from Parts Express, it was delivered 2 days later, and I didnt have to shlep through Manhattan traffic!
    scottyj

Angry Grrrr

In other words...there are NO dealers in So Cal with a representation of JBL on display...call the dealers listed on the website. I called one dealer and the gal on the phone said they don't sell components "unless you spend like a gazillion dollars for a complete custom system"...yes that's a quote . Anybody see a problem here with our beloved JBL? I can't even go listen to them anywhere...how am I supposed to audition them before I plunk down my hard earned money?
    Okay, I'm going to go to the store in San Gabriel when I go to one of my warehouse/offices up near Alhambra. I was told by a reliable source that I might at least find some TiKs set up there. I'll report back.
    Out.

Sing Young Music did have the Performance Series on the floor but no more. That's why some of us got our PS speakers so cheaply, they were clearing them out.

I was talking to one dealer and asked about JBL and they said that JBL told the dealer they had to have a special room costing over 25 to 30 K just to show the stuff.

Seems that JBL is only marketing to the masses at Best Buy and the Life Styles of the Rich and Famous -nothing in between.

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    JBL needs to have, at least in my opinion, a product that mops the floor with the other leading brands products! If for nothing more than to show they can!

?
    and they could, with GT and the other minds there they could big time.

Im sure that.......

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959

and they could, with GT and the other minds there they could big time.
    Im sure that guys like GT among others would love nothing better than to do exactly that!
    scottyj

Thread Information