Thread: How much are 250TIs worth

How much are 250TIs worth

I have a chance to purchase a pair of 250TIs and a B460 for less than $1000, however (don't you just love those gotchas), the person selling them says "large speakers need new cones". Is it worth it to try to get the speakers and replace the cones? How much would that cost me? I haven't seen the speakers yet, but I want to have an idea before I get too excited. What if it's the surrounds which need replacing? Would that be worth it? How much would that cost? Thanks in advance for the advice!

Mark

< $1,000.00 ?

Buy them.

I'll be real blunt with you. There isn't anything in the JBL stable available today that will come close to the 250Ti, B460 or no, that won't cost you a whole lot more money.

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer
    Buy them.
    I second that! Even if you don't like them, you can turn around and offer them here for no loss.....

More than likely the surrounds need replaced on the woofers, which is relatively inexpensive. At any rate that is very cheap if the speakers themselves are in decent condition. A nice pair of 250Ti's usually sells for around $2000 give or take a few hundred.

Mike

Regis
    I agree with my fellow JBL fanatics, buy them. I also agree that the cones probably just need refoaming, which is usually not all that expensive. The woofers are easy enough to remove (look up Search).

I just picked up a pair myself (for a friend actually) and these were JBL's flagship speakers in the 80's and sold for a pretty good chunk of change (and still do). Mine have the rotting foam around the woofers as well and I'm getting them done. They sound very, very nice. You won't be disappointed by lack of bass either.

Thanks for the info

I am going to see them at 630 PST, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the speakers are as represented. If I do get them I'm sure I will be back to find out how to take care of whatever is wrong with them.

Thanks again!

Mark

Where to get Refoaming/Reconing done in Northern CA

If it turns out I need refoaming, where are can I get it done and how much does it cost? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. I am in Northern California.

Ciao,
    Mark
    email: [email protected]

Refoam? $60 the pair of woofers, maybe less. You get them, I'll tell you where to get it done here in Berkeley.

AND you can drop the B380 off here on the way....

Hey SonicNewbie,

Whatever happened to the 250Ti's and the B460? Would love to hear you got them and have gottent the surrounds redone. Pics?

Thanks.

Bart

Thread Information