Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: soundcard

Figge
    got a M-Audio 2496 now and it really is a great sounding card! have some trouble with pops,clicks crackling occationally but guess that can be fixed with some settings somewhere? gonna look in to it some day. anybody have this card?

no but i want one
    http://www.medpot.net/forums/

daily volcano demo`s
    find out the truth
    tell`em morbo sent you

mention lansing heritage for 10% off

I have the audigy first generation sound card. I got it right before the 2nd generation came out. The second and subsequent generations had a Content Pass circuit added to the processing chip. This provides for future DRM capability. Not wanting to have Big Media Record companies controlling my sound card I chose the non-DRM ready card.

I like the audigy overall but do not like the small, 1/8th inch jacks on the rear of the card. A screw in connector that provided at least RCA jacks would be better. The adapters I have to use are noisy and don't have good grounds. You will need audio isolation transformers if you connect it to a serious stereo.

I use the optical in/out on the front for my MD deck and the only complaint I have is the output level from the Audigy seems very low and I cannot increase it. When I try to make a optical recording I seldom can get enough gain from the sound card. I have not found a way to increase this, maybe someone knows a way?

Not a bad card for 150 bucks. The Extigy is a USB external model that offers more promise, I would buy one of those next.

I considered the M-Audios but they are more for studio work and the Audigy had more capabilities. The M-Audios do have isolated in/out and RCA jacks on the rear.

I have the M-audio Revolution 7.1. This is a card made for music playback. Real 192khz 24 bit, not resampled into 192khz 24 bit like all the Sound Blaster cards. The system I have in my room is almost deticated to to my computer. (Pioneer DSX-D514 (Cheap, circut city style, but to my ears, amazing sounding), two pairs of Accoustic Research AR48s) I have hundreds of albums on my computer. I absolutly love it.

Edit: it's kinda of quite though.
    Excuse my ignorance.

I am a RME fireface 800 user, it's really an improvement to the point that nothing I have ever listen to in the world of external transport even in 10000$ price range being comparable to this direct Digital decoding from HDD, in terms of details and presence.

and I must say the sound greatly improved when I decided to use it with firewire 800 compare to firewire 400. the sound became more fast and dynamic.
    I also did notice incredible improvement when using MME or ASIO codecs in the software options and also in windows sound control panel.
    And i am still curious to found a better DAC than it's AK4396..
    Got tubes?...then it's all good!

Behringer Hum Destroyer HD-400

well aside from it being Behringer , the HD-400 at 29USD is a bargain, and will eliminate the ground loop hum between RCA jacks, as it goes from balanced to unbalanced and vice versa.

It works well in sound systems as well, as I once used them to eliminate ground loop between my Denon 3806 and my amps. Now that I've gone to all balanced with the Integra DHC80.1; its a non-issue.

And if you hold your nose, and forget its Behringer........well it works. The sound engineer I've been working uses the same transformer to build into circuits for the same purpose. He was surprised, as he wasn't a Behringer fan either.
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

Thread Information