hi i am new here.

i love this speakers, they were my dads favorite. he bought those speakers at around 1981 or 82. i also used them up to year 1999. in the early 2000 they sounded really bad up to a point they weren't in a good shape(bad sound reproduction, tweeter is burned up i think, the midrange produces a bad hissing or distorted sound, and the low freq driver doesnt produce good bass unlike when i first heard them). out of curiosity, i tried other speakers and put them in my reciever and they were working great. so what i did was put back the jbls but this time put the phasing of the wires in the opposite sides ( i know it is a bad thing to do, but what can u expect if a person is curious) after connecting them. tweeter produces the same bad sound as well and midrange still the same problem, but the low freq drives sounded really great.

question is what is the problem? and what causes the low freq driver to produce a superb sound even though the phases of the wires are in the opposite.

what steps shall i do? and if ever the drivers are needed to be replaced where can i puchase some?

ohh im driving the jbls with a marantz reciever old sr 1980's model gold finish