Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 435BE vs 2435HPL

The original scope has been beaten to death.
    Hello Giskard

I am going to drive the stake into it's heart and just finish off with how the driver changes effected the measure FR with the networks in the mix.

Have you attempted to model the driver or was it an impediance run with Clio on your drivers?

If it could be modelled it would help explain certain things.
    Hello Ian

I am thinking this is what you meant. I will post the impedence plots before and after later. The first plots are a "canned" crossover with 2 of the 2435's before the ferro and aquaplas. The next is with the new measured response and impedence plots. The last is the "corrected" networks. I am doing this to show what impact the changes had and what you might expect to see. In the end it was some additional work but the results met my expectations.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    That is the only way it can go at this point. The original scope has been beaten to death.
    I'd suggest that through yours and Rob's posts the topic has been thoroughly covered.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    My 2435's arrived yesterday. I disasembled them to check them out. They look good. Not too much fluid.

Im waiting for JohnW to ship me a pair of 2332 horns. Cant wait to get them going

Small question: Will a 6db/okt highpass filter at 1khz be good enough, or do i have to go with 12db/okt?

-Tim
    Hi Tim,

So did you had a chance to listen to this 2435/2332 combo?
    How does it sound?

Hi.

Yes i have. BUT i havent built a new crossover for the woofer i tested with so some phase problems at the crossover point occured (as expected)

The 2332 didn't sound very good (FR wise), however it was easy to hear that the sound was VERY detailed. From about 11k and upwards there is nearly zero dispersion so not suitable for 2 way systems. I knew this already and the 2332 horn was bought just to play around with the drivers untill i can afford H9800 clones.

-Tim
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

thank you

Damn! This seems to be the weakest point of the DMS-1 then. How could they do so bad after the almighty 2344 ?

Thread Information