Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 4688 TCB Monster Subwoofer

Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by subwoof View Post
    Looks like JBL ( harman ) had a cabinet shop and sold low-profile versions of the TCB's in the EU. The input plate wood cutout is the same as all the concert series cabs I bought back in '97 and the plate / jacks / printing look identical.

It sure would be nice to get plans for the cabinets since getting LF boxes under the stages and such is an advantage in cramped installs.
    That's really a good point!

But why don't they have any serial nummber?

At the current price you can't go wrong and if you get it please share the specs!

sub

I'll tell the spec's, for sure, if i buy these big cabinets. But i don't know how to explain my wife that i must have one more pair of big cabinets. We have three big rooms full off JBL and Altec; maybe she is running out of humor...

Best regards
    Wolf

number game

I believe that only items that were in regular catalogs / price lists or such had numbers.

At the '97 NAMM show I bought some cabinets that were part of the Architectural series and because they had many finishing / component / hardware options the exact model numbers were just too long for the nameplates ( and had no serial numbers )

Even the concert series had hand-punched serial numbers so maybe it was not an option.

Tell the wife that your hobby *could* be old VW engines, beer steins, chainsaws or even motorcycles....at least your stuff is indoors and not on the lawn.

"das ist schade"

sub

Wolf
    I believe that only items that were in regular catalogs / price lists or such had numbers.
    Okay, i understand. I was wondering, because my own little cabinet has no serial number too.

Tell the wife that your hobby *could* be old VW engines, beer steins, chainsaws or even motorcycles....at least your stuff is indoors and not on the lawn.
    If i tell her this point, she will laugh and remember me at the time, about 30 years ago: my hobby were motorcycles and i had some of these... Later it was a VW Bully. Now i play drums in 4 bands, so about 4 evenings a week i am drumming. Excluding the gigs at the weekends.

"das ist schade"
    May be not... If i can't buy these cabinets, i'll ask the highest bidder to give some informations.

Best regards
    Wolf

JBL 4645
    I see a few are taking a peek at this thread, we know your names… so I had one question.

Why doesn’t JBL resurrect this classic JBL beast? It would sound so much awesome in THX cinema, because I want mindless out of control low frequency vibrations!

coming to a fault zone near you

I will be building clones of these sometime next summer when the new cabinet shop comes online...stay tuned...

sub

12" and 15" too, I hope....

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    12" and 15" too, I hope....

What’s wrong with the 18” JBL?

Nothin' four guys and a forklift can't handle....

JBL 4645
    They are large! I stood next to one at the night club at Tower Park back around the early 1990’s it was a monstrosity of a size.

15 reasons

I have the 18 and 12 versions here...the 15's are IMPOSSIBLE to find. Find me one and I will clone it.

Also a special baffle mod on the 12 version so it can mount the 2217H ( 14 ) will be made. This would work very well with my array cabs I think.

So has *anyone* seen a 15" version?? let alone have one for sale??

sub

JBL 4645
    I have the 18 and 12 versions here...the 15's are IMPOSSIBLE to find. Find me one and I will clone it.

Also a special baffle mod on the 12 version so it can mount the 2217H ( 14 ) will be made. This would work very well with my array cabs I think.

So has *anyone* seen a 15" version?? let alone have one for sale??

sub
    Sub

How much will it cost with the building materials and your time as well to build a clone?

when the shop opens

I cannot do any planning or building until the new shop is ready - due to a 7 month delay getting the building the place will be storage only until spring.

sub

JBL 4645
    I cannot do any planning or building until the new shop is ready - due to a 7 month delay getting the building the place will be storage only until spring.

sub
    I see. You couldn’t have guess as to how much, just for a bit of fun.

Livin' on the Fault line...

I will be building clones of these sometime next summer when the new cabinet shop comes online...stay tuned...

sub
    Tuned... to what frequencies?

BTW- The "Coming to a fault line near you" title line was clever and on-target too, eh Zilch?

Seriously, the revival of this thread is very timely indeed, considering what I've been dreaming up lately. I need to refresh my memory on this before considering any 2245H's for "subsonic" work.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959 View Post
    or better yet, make one and put cushions on it and sit on it while watching the movies... girls I think would REALLY like that......
    When we just got married, my wife used my two Cerwin-Vega 18" bass bins as a couch, she made some cushions for them and it looked OK for her, I didn't want to get rid of my system so she worked around it

I was going to post a picture but I realize the only one I have is when she's laying on them, kind of indecently.
    I won't post it because you probably won't pay attention to the cabinets anyways

Thread Information