Thread: C58 Delphi

C58 Delphi

Hello,
    Today, I picked up another C58 Delphi and noticed it's a bit different than my first. I have a receipt dated 1968 for my first one, and it was sold used back then. The one I just got, has a metal ID plate with the model and serial number on it. Also; it has two slotted cutouts in the center section of the 6" wide backboard, a few inches below the top. My C58 bought used in 68, has no metal plate, and no cutouts on the back.

Does anyone know when the cutouts were added, or removed, and if all the C58s had metal ID plates?

Delphi sold used in 1968: No metal plate, and no signs that one was ever on the cabinet. No vent cutouts on the backboard. Back is stained dark, near black. Inside is stained brown.

New Delphi: Metal ID plate. Cutouts on backboard. Light brown stain on back. Walnut veneer on inside panels and bottom.
    Can we date these buy the differences?
    Mark

1962 jbl delphi c58 cabinet with matching c50 olympus speakers

I have 1962 C58 Delphi Cabinet with
    Ampex 2000 reel to reel
    Fisher T600 120 watt stereo
    Garrard lab 80 turntable
    with matching C50 Olympus JBL speakers

My grandfather had this custom made and assembled in 1962 and I am interested in selling. If you could give me an idea where to begin to give it a home where it can be appreciated. Everything still works and the speakers are original and sound great.

All three cabinets are in excellent condition with glass tops.

Call or text is the best way to contact me. Jerry @ (248) 535-4229

Feel free to pass this information on to someone who may be interested.
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by JJG9975 View Post
    My grandfather had this custom made and assembled in 1962 and I am interested in selling.
    When you say "assembled", did he have it custom-built by a cabinet maker or did he simply assemble the electronics in a JBL factory-built cabinet? Pictures might be helpful here and the difference is far from trivial when you're asking questions of value.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    When you say "assembled", did he have it custom-built by a cabinet maker or did he simply assemble the electronics in a JBL factory-built cabinet? Pictures might be helpful here and the difference is far from trivial when you're asking questions of value.
    the Delphi c58 was built by JBL and equipment was installed by Point Electronics in Grosse Pointe Mi.
    I cant seem to figure out how to post pictures but I'm workin on it!

Quote Originally Posted by JJG9975 View Post
    the Delphi c58 was built by JBL and equipment was installed by Point Electronics in Grosse Pointe Mi.
    I cant seem to figure out how to post pictures but I'm workin on it!
    Interesting - its probably best to keep it all in a single thread to get the maximum number of folks viewing and commenting on it.

The Lansing Hermitage Forum doesn't have a huge membership these days -
    but there is a loyal core of readers -
    it may just take a few days for everyone to pop by and have a look.
    So, feedback may take a little while - just be patient!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Interesting - its probably best to keep it all in a single thread to get the maximum number of folks viewing and commenting on it.

The Lansing Hermitage Forum doesn't have a huge membership these days -
    but there is a loyal core of readers -
    it may just take a few days for everyone to pop by and have a look.
    So, feedback may take a little while - just be patient!
    Thank you... Im not very good with a computer and navigating is not working well for me!
    Still cant figure out how to take pictures off this tablet and put them on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    The Lansing Hermitage Forum
    It does kind of seem that way sometimes!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information