Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BIC Venturi Formula 6

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    - Weeks later, we got wind of the BIC speaker release from the BIC rep, a contract rep at that, who also sold clock radios to local drug stores.
    So, nothing's changed, really. And I've never seen the current products in any store. The link was to Meijer which is a mid-west discount/grocery chain similar to WalMart. I certainly wasn't posting in support of these or their predecessors, just figured this discussion should include the knowledge that the brand—in name at least—still existed. Fact is I paid little attention to any other brand of speaker growing up because I've lived in the same home with my JBL 030s since before I was 5-years-old. Sure, my friends had the endless parade of ARs, KLH, Cerwin-Vega, Advents, and probaby a BIC, or two. Back then I didn't even like Garrard, preferring Miracord and Dual. :dont-know My closest friends ended up with JBLs after listening to mine and some still own those (L100) today. I even had a later boss who bought L65s after listening to my 030s. Too bad none of them understood that having decent amplifier hooked to them was nearly as critical as what speaker you bought.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Funny thing (to me anyway) is the woofer. It's a RTR woofer.....

http://img.meijer.com/assets/product...1530_A_400.jpg

Yank
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

Oh no! Now even Parts Express has climbed aboard the BIC train.

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    This is a Dawn of the Dead thread - these things keep bobbing up like Algae blooms in the summertime.
    As near as I can tell, BIC Venturi speakers have NOTHING to do with the Lansing Product marketplace - so this thread should be MOVED...

This isn't likely to be a place to find huge swells of potential BIC buyers - nice or not,
    probably a lot more interest on AudioKarma, AudioGon, maybe sell them on ebay,
    but somewhere else more sympathetic ...
    Hi I am an audio enthusiast that love bose speakers and also altec apeakers
    I have been exposed to almost every kind of speaker there is; and I really honestly couldnt believe the sound of this BIC speakers (formula 2 patent 3892288 BIC Venturi
    they can be put in an automatic setting with a switch in front of the speakers, and I was pleasanly surprised of the sound quality.... As I say I was getting ready to use the cabinets for something else and to put the woofers in an old bose enclosure when a dj friend told me to first LISTEN to them and I am glad that I obey him.....now they are the favourite sound for me.....perhaps the ones you listen to had the electronics (capacitors etc) not in perfect order or maybe you dint put them in automatic mode. ...again, no offense ,dont take it personal ...I was gun-ho for altec until I listen to this beauties. also I was using a 50 watts car radio that i rigged in my apartment.
    thanks for reading!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by speakernut View Post
    Hi I am an audio enthusiast that love bose speakers and also altec apeakers
    I have been exposed to almost every kind of speaker there is; and I really honestly couldnt believe the sound of this BIC speakers (formula 2 patent 3892288 BIC Venturi
    they can be put in an automatic setting with a switch in front of the speakers, and I was pleasanly surprised of the sound quality.... As I say I was getting ready to use the cabinets for something else and to put the woofers in an old bose enclosure when a dj friend told me to first LISTEN to them and I am glad that I obey him.....now they are the favourite sound for me.....perhaps the ones you listen to had the electronics (capacitors etc) not in perfect order or maybe you dint put them in automatic mode. ...again, no offense ,dont take it personal ...I was gun-ho for altec until I listen to this beauties. also I was using a 50 watts car radio that i rigged in my apartment.
    thanks for reading!!!!!
    I like Formula 1 more than Formula 2 - but what the hey ... still got to deal with Bernie Ecclestone!
    Back to speakers ...
    I was just give an old Bose Acoustimass system on Friday.
    Checked it out on Sat - Bass & Treble pots seemed dirty so I opened the main SUB cabinet
    and sprayed them out good, hooked up my iPod and ... it was party time for sure!
    Played me some George Thorogood & the Destroyers - BIG fun, like it wuz the 80s all over again!!

Gonna give it to my inlaws (they bought a Bose radio last year) - they like that stuff ...
    they're big Dave Matthews Band fans ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

A neighbor gave my oldest boy four of these things (model 1's 2's who cares) in various working order. We swapped drivers and crossovers around and got two that were at least functioning three ways. He thought (without coaxing from me) at the ripe old age of fourteen years that "they sucked".By God I've trained him well!

They sat in the barn for a few years until we made sub's (kinda) with the 10's for his Samauri, (I thought I trained him well) they lasted almost three months before all the magnets fell off.

I managed to find a measurement we made with them, that is very kind with 25% smoothing. I wanted him to feel good about our work.

To me, they sounded like sheeyit! I'm sure if they would take the power you could drill holes in concrete with the little mid horns.

It's a damn shame I didn't know of the collector value, he could have sold them and bought another Samauri, or added to his money and bought a real truck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

BIC Venturi Formula 6 - the thread won't die!

Picked up a pair in need from original owner. I finished them up today and listened for first time - slapped them in one of my systems - they sound better than half of the high end speakers I've ever owned and currently own.

Anyone bashing these hasn't a clue or perhaps is mixing up the 4 way version or maybe the piezo version that I cannot speak for. I realize BIC had a bad reputation, but this was their TOTL and it's a very respectable sounding speaker. Popped in my test track Donald Fagen and wow!

I own several JBL pairs - 100, 4312, L65 Jubal and Sovereign S8s. These BICs absolutely sound sweet.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Congratulations! They look great.
    The most important part is that you like them... the world's best speakers are not so great if you don't.

I remember liking the BIC Sixes when I first heard them decades ago.

Widget

Personally, what I liked best in your photo was the poster of the valve cover on the wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Congratulations! They look great.
    The most important part is that you like them... the world's best speakers are not so great if you don't.

I remember liking the BIC Sixes when I first heard them decades ago.

Widget
    Thanks! Agree and wanted to post if someone else happens along a pair as very little info out there. This thread and some on AK.

I wasn't looking for this pair and would have dismissed them as well had they not fallen in my lap.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Personally, what I liked best in your photo was the poster of the valve cover on the wall!
    LOL figured you would with your ID! We love our Bimmers and Audis here

Thread Information