Thread: Russian Far East - Amur Region

Russian Far East - Amur Region

Not the best suite of pictures, but before my camera failed, I caught some of the trip to visit some gold prospects in the Russian Far East.

First, some views of Blagoveschensk, our departure city, and across the river, a bustling and newly built China. Guess who's economy is overheated...?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Vodka, even for breakfast...

Not kidding.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Russian Gold Exploration Camp

Some views of how tough the struggle is - this is a year-round encampment...

And yes, the driver stuck that "6 x" - never seen that done before. But I've never seen this kinda bog. It was basically a peat bog, locally frozen where they tried to drive across it. When it thawed, it was bottomless...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Infrastructure

First, is a shot of the exterior of the Ministry of Resources building - the facade had been renewed.

Nest, is an example of the internal wiring there. It is everywhere just like this. There is no money for anything...

Finally, the loo, in the Ministry of Resources. There are no loo seats, anywhere in the region. It seems they never got ordered. I guess the bricks are to squat on and hover over the bowl.

As my very proud, and incredibly well educated Russian friend informed me: "It's Russia, man - you have to keep your sense of humor or it will get to you. We will get through this." He is damned right - I am certain they will.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Cheers to you, Nicolaj!! A truly great explorer...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by boputnam

Finally, the loo, in the Ministry of Resources. There are no loo seats, anywhere in the region.

As my very proud, and incredibly well educated Russian friend informed me: "It's Russia, man - you have to keep your sense of humor or it will get to you. We will get through this." He is damned right - I am certain they will.
    kinda like a hybrid b/t the western models and the hole in the ground stoop ones.....

I am sure they will as well -- I have heard some of the late 70,s early 80,s Russian analogue synths -- they really hold their own against the Moogs (keep on the watch for polyvox, RITM-2 -- i'll get you some of the other model sas well.... if you want..... great sounding analogue gear, all mil-spec, but the labels are all cryllic )

glad your world travels are going well.....

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    Some views of how tough the struggle is - this is a year-round encampment...

And yes, the driver stuck that "6 x" - never seen that done before. But I've never seen this kinda bog. It was basically a peat bog, locally frozen where they tried to drive across it. When it thawed, it was bottomless...
    Yeah, I can't find the picture of German Panzers being defeated wholesale by the Russian weather. Here's a Tiger on the move once the ground froze.

Hey Bo!

What you're doing in Russia? That's my territory

Did you fly russian planes? Tell us about the "how to get there"

Oh, your Russia/China A/B is great!

Thread Information