Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Room EQ with Behringer DEQ2496 and 4333's

I betcha Mike is right and the CD boost is "On."

Your RTA curves look quite good. I need to get a tripod. You've upped the standard.

The response is good, too. A couple of knob twiddles will tune the right one better, maybe. Around here, I'd be callin' them "DONE!"

You can ignore everything below 200 Hz. Reading the bass requires a different setup....

CD Boost was on!!

Good grief, is there ANYTHING that the collective wisdom of this board does not know?? Dammit, the CD boost was on in the left channel!!

I'm truly fortunate and grateful to be part of this board. Not only the knowledge, but the willingness to help are just amazing

The 4333's are now singing better than ever . Thanks again.

Kevin

Hello
    Glad to help! TDM equipment is great stuff it was or still is a small company where a things were hand assembeled one at a time , the comapny has recently gone through a ownership change so what happens will be anyones guess. I had a glitch with one of my 24CX3's about four years ago and I called the company it sounded more like calling your next door neighbor and the TDM of TDM himself answered the phone Tim D. Miller. They also have some very nice 1/3 octave EQ's. I'll have eight TDM crossovers in operation at one time when my larger system is out for a show. I have bought up a few (quite a few to be exact) to keep as extras in both 2-way and 3-way versions when I would see a good one selling for a good price.. Something to keep an look out for because the used resell price is very low is Fender crossovers they were built by TDM for Fender for a few years once you see one you can tell it's a TDM, same style controls and layout only the knobs are red and greay instead of blue and grey. There kind of a sleeper as no one really thinks of Fender as a serious audio equipment company just guitars and amps. When I was talking to "Tim" on the phone about other products they had built he mentioned on the Fender branded crossovers they wanted a output muting circut added to them, he suggested removing it not liking what it did to signal path. They are FET switches two per output they look like a small black plastic cased transistor on each leg of the output XLR connectors. I had a Fender/TDM crossover on one of my monitor mixes for a while and did that mod to it. I later changed it out to same crossover TDM branded just so everything looked the same in the rack, I know.... I know but that's just me!
    I still have it in my spares pile. As I have said before one day I will go with DSP's and when I do I will still carry a TDM for a backup.
    What frequency are you crossing out of your subs at?

Mike Caldwell

Mike,
    I have the TDM 24CX2 which I believe is the current model as it has all the switches at the back instead of on the PCB. Hard to believe, I paid $55 for it. It does look very well built, and I think it sounds fine (except for that left channel thingy ).

I have a pair of sub1500's, but have only managed to build one cab (2 cubic feet sealed) so far. So I'm summing the LF with the TDM to one sub1500, crossing at 100hz. You know what, its hard to see how one needs TWO sub1500 in a home setting. I can rattle the drywall pretty good already.

I'd like to pick up another TDM at some point to try bi-amping my 4333. So much to do...

Hello
    $55 was a great deal!!!!
    If you are not already you can do the low frequency summing internally
    by moving and adding a couple of jumpers. That would work better than if your doing it by using an external y type of cable. You can download the manual from the TDM website and it show the jumper configuration to do that. I would try crossing over lower down at 80hz, that's as low as the 24cx2 will go.
    Let me know

Mike Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by kevf
    Good grief, is there ANYTHING that the collective wisdom of this board does not know?? Dammit, the CD boost was on in the left channel!!
    Hey, Kevin...

One of the BEST things about this place, is when people finding help report what they find - that way we learn whether our experiences are worth sharing!! Your finding that CD boost "on" was a huge confirmation for those that know the unit (not me...). Thanks for that - now even those lurking here have that knowledge, too!

And...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caldwell
    ...I later changed it out to same crossover TDM branded just so everything looked the same in the rack, I know.... I know but that's just me!
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caldwell
    Hello
    If you are not already you can do the low frequency summing internally
    by moving and adding a couple of jumpers. That would work better than if your doing it by using an external y type of cable. You can download the manual from the TDM website and it show the jumper configuration to do that. I would try crossing over lower down at 80hz, that's as low as the 24cx2 will go.
    Let me know

Mike Caldwell
    Hi Mike,
    yes, I followed the TDM manual and soldered a wire on the board to use its summing function. Seems to work well.

Mmm..I just looked at the responses of the 4333s without the sub1500 again (a couple of posts back). I suppose crossing at 80hz may work better as the 2 cu ft box will then need less eq. Will give that a shot. Thanks for pointing that out.

Kevin

Thread Information