Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matching Drivers

Hey louped garouv

Hot by you too?? A couple of days ago you could see the damn air it was so humid with 97F on top of that!

"so beyond a basic SPL meter, what other budget measurements would be easily/cheaply implemented by an utter idiot DJ?'

With me I couldn't live without my RTA. You can set crossover points, verify phase and driver balance, system balance and speaker to speaker balance. Great tool for not a lot of money these days. Can't see doing active without one. On the driver front I think what Lancer recommended the Woofer Tester 2 is a great low cost option. Got to get me one of those.

Rob

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    cool -- i'll have to invest in some measurement tools -- I suspect that I may go active for real soon....

I am sorting though my picture as we sit here, (scotch here too) -- been a long hot week hitting over 100 in denver, I think Grand Junction was 106 (but don't quote me), but almost no humidity -- Colorado is very nice in that way, don't know that I could move back to it -- but then again, we ain't got an ocean within driving distance though.... and I could see a fire (hopefully a 'controlled' burn) on one of the table mountains in Golden (where the Coors Beer comes from) from my office window...

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv
    cool -- i'll have to invest in some measurement tools -- I suspect that I may go active for real soon....

I am sorting though my picture as we sit here, (scotch here too) -- been a long hot week hitting over 100 in denver, I think Grand Junction was 106 (but don't quote me), but almost no humidity -- Colorado is very nice in that way, don't know that I could move back to it -- but then again, we ain't got an ocean within driving distance though.... and I could see a fire (hopefully a 'controlled' burn) on one of the table mountains in Golden (where the Coors Beer comes from) from my office window...

Record Heat Wave Continues To Grip Area

No Relief Expected Until Monday

POSTED: 1:10 pm MDT July 21, 2005
    UPDATED: 5:25 pm MDT July 21, 2005

DENVER -- Denver's weather went into the record books Thursday as the temperature hit 104 degrees, three degrees hotter than the old record for this date in 1981.

Thursday was the third consecutive day of temperatures above 100 degrees for the metro area, approaching the second-longest stretch of 100-degree heat ever. The longest stretch was five days in July 1989. The hot weather was forecast to stick around for a few more days.

Denver wasn't the only place that was hot, either. The northeastern plains town of Sedgwick recorded 114 degrees on Wednesday, matching the hottest temperature ever recorded in Colorado. It was the second time in 51 years that Sedgwick got that hot, according to the Colorado Climate Center of Colorado State University.

Yeah... that Global Warming thing like Evolution is just theory...
    SF today hit 70° F it is warming up tomorrow... 74° F

Widget

There just is no justice in the world. 45F here tonight, shiny weather, bright midnight sun and everything.

Have been to a booooring wedding today/-night. I can confirm that it is possible to drink quite a lot without having any fun at all.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

Thread Information