I already heard something like that, but it was about amplifiers!

From my own and small experience I can say that when I received my 4350 speakers last year, I was quite disappointed and not that much satisfied, the 2405 were working but not that nice.

By opening the x-over box I checked all the wires and soldering and discovered a bad one, one of the 2405 ran better.

Fed up of this odd situation, I dismantled the two x-over and removed all the caps.

I replaced them with polypropylene ones from a well-known French manufacturer: SCR.

And suddenly the cabinet began sounding great!

Some add for PSS now: We were manufacturing some standard x-over wired on epoxy PCB, air coil and those SCR capacitors. Everybody was quite surprised about how nice his speaker worked.

It is well known that polystyrene capacitors are one of the best and must be used for an audiophile result.

From what I read here and there, you seem to have some difficulties buying such capacitors and you are complaining too that they are quite expensive.

We have quite good stock left as we stopped manufacturing our x-over (not enough sales and quite “expensive” compared to regular x-over made of non-polarized electrolytic capacitors).

That is why; if you collect all your needs I can manage shipping at a very good prices SCR capacitors.

Please Email me if you need such caps!

If you want to see what they are looking like, browse our web site, product page!