Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion Thread JBL 4343 to 4344 upgrade

In Other hand I'm sorry ,
    My picasso talent and my not interest for bi-amp dont push me to keep specific layout.

see my pict bulded in couple of years and you understand why the computer is a beautiful machine...

:cheers again:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As of today I will no longer be formally involved on a day today basis with the Forums.

The responsibilities and the many commitments I have here far outweigh what I have left to give and after a time there is a tendency to grow short of head space in the face of apathy and contempt.

I have however greatly enjoyed being on the forums and wish you all well in the future. Perhaps I will met up with some of you again some day...America is a great place to visit.

Unfortunately there is just not enough time to do justice to all the projects and at this point I would like to ask Zilch and Lancer to take over this important project to ensure its goals and aims are achieved.

Its is proposed that I will complete the other outstanding projects directly involving other Forums members in the immediate future.

I will pop in from time to time so please keep a seat warm for me boys.

Bye Bye for now

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    As of today I will no longer be formally involved on a day today basis with the Forums.

The responsibilities and the many commitments I have here far outweigh what I have left to give and after a time there is a tendency to grow short of head space in the face of apathy and contempt.

I have however greatly enjoyed being on the forums and wish you all well in the future. Perhaps I will met up with some of you again some day...America is a great place to visit.

Unfortunately there is just not enough time to do justice to all the projects and at this point I would like to ask Zilch and Lancer to take over this important project to ensure its goals and aims are achieved.

Its is proposed that I will complete the other outstanding projects directly involving other Forums members in the immediate future.

I will pop in from time to time so please keep a seat warm for me boys.

Bye Bye for now

Ian

Hello Mr. Mackenzie,

this is a large surprise and I hope that what attracts you elsewhere
    better than than to you is left.

I appreciated a number of interventions that you made...
    And for your division of connaisance and several other tricks which
    you liberally shared with me, I thousand times say to you thank you!!!!

even if if too often the barrier of the language induced me in error, and sometimes our divergeance of opignion which in spite of very
    brought to a light on the fundamental problems goshawks of vintage speakers JBL.

More than 2000 posts is a contribution of most remarkable with this
    forum by a deployment of incredible effort: I pick you up my hat!!!

I wish you a long life happiness.
    And I will always have pleasures to read the explanation and comments
    of a man of experiment.

thank you for all and thank you still.

Jean.

Why?

For all of us who are just reading and waiting for a solution regarding these crossovers, witch looks very promising, I must ask: Why did you start this if you have no plan finishising it?? Great disapointment....Or have I missed somthing??

Have a nice day.

Rolf

Don't mind us, just thought we would stop off at the beach and collect some sand for Jean. Actually, its looks more like pebbles, must have landing a bit too early!

Nice to be back. My predecessor certainly was a bloody pain in the backside and a grumpy old fart don't you think?...Silly old bugger actually, oh and I'm off the booze....

So I have been reincarnated yet again!

Well on with the show, but I really should'nt be attempting to improve these things. That will change the course of history and piss of the historians.....oh well...bother.

We better have a show of hands who is going to be following this adventure and who might like to contribute some stuff...its SF California casual by the way so relax.

My memory is a bit hazy after that last birthday bash, now where were we?

The New Doctor Who

Ps I doubt if this would make any sense to our American friends, with 99 channels of Frasier, CSI, The Weather Channel and re runs of Mr Ed and Columbo I doubt if they have time to watch anything else.

This is Weird, that's right the whole world is Weird, not just America..

Rolf,

There are a number of useful threads on the forums that discuss the 4343 - 4344 crossover.

I am not sure how long you have been following this project thread attempts to discuss and implement not just the crossover but all elements of the system that effect audio performance (refer to the agenda above).

For example I have read only yesterday a thread that responded to a 4344 upgrade. The Hf driver diaphram and crossover where mentioned as the main upgrades.

While this will technically transform a 4343 to a 4344 component spec there are other improvements that will further transform the performance incl updating the front baffle to offset the Mid, Hf and Uhf drivers and an enhanced active crossover design.

Project status

The prototype class A active crossover has been completed and will be shipped for evaluation (with a JBL 5235 for comparison) by other members around end of September.

Recent listening tests re-confirmed the impact of the active crossover on the system performance.

While I might be biased (sorry..I thought that was funny), you will not find a finner active crossover anywhere in the world. (this one is the only one of its kind in the world so that is basically true!)

I will post pictures shortly.

The New Doctor

We also have in the wings something I have waiting to complete for several months for this project.

Its rather frustrating when you have lots of ideas and can't find the time to make them happen!

Anyway this device called The Class A Plate amp.

Most of use know a Plate amp as a bolt on amp that is generally used for sub woofers..they are sold by vendors like Parts Express.

This however is a Plate amp with a difference. Its custom designed for the 4343-4344 to drive the mid and Hf sections and will include an customised Class A active crossover tuned to the 4343/4344 and will bolt onto the rear of the enclosure using a bracket I designed.

The Class A Plate amp will offer the benefits of bi amping..without the negatives.

Lots of wires and amps lying around the listening room. Basically a mess you and your wifey don't need. Plus the active crossover will enhance the performance rather than smear the sound as we have found in recent tests.

Because its already set up for the 4343-4344 you don't have fiddle with crossover characteristics (there is amp leveling adjustment) and best of all the audio performance is nothing short of stunning..once you have tried it there is no going back!

This will be rolled out towards the end of the 4343-4344 upgrade project so hang around.

The New Doctor

The crossover...waiting some cosmetic updates.

Rolf,

There are a number of useful threads on the forums that discuss the 4343 - 4344 crossover.

I am not sure how long you have been following this project thread attempts to discuss and implement not just the crossover but all elements of the system that effect audio performance (refer to the agenda above).

For example I have read only yesterday a thread that responded to a 4344 upgrade. The Hf driver diaphram and crossover where mentioned as the main upgrades.

While this will technically transform a 4343 to a 4344 component spec there are other improvements that will further transform the performance incl updating the front baffle to offset the Mid, Hf and Uhf drivers and an enhanced active crossover design.
    Hi Ian.

Good to read your latest posts. I can only speak for myself and I would be VERY interested in this new crossover. I have no plans of building a new baffel to my 4343B's or changing the elements, but the crossover....Yes.

Please keep me informed via my personal e-mail, or any other way that suits you.

Have a nice day.

Regards

Rolf

The Lansing Forums appears to be rather lack lacking in interest.
    The New Doctor.
    I assume that you are talking about the plate amp? I think that we can call this an energiser , using JBL-speak. Anyway, I don't mind running wires from the rack and I have plenty of amps available right now. So no interest here. But I'm still interested in the boards for the two way active crossover though.

Thaks Rolf,

I will keep you up to date.

Don,

Please pm me you requirements and I will organise it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    The New Doctor.

Hey Ian:

I think there are more interested parties than you may think. I for one have been actively following the events on this forum for a couple years now; I feel like I know most of you guys. I feel a little intimidated in getting actively involved, especially when it comes to electronics; I’m on a third grade level compared to the electrical engineers here. I do however have good taste and a golden ear.

I have a pair of 4343B speakers, like so many others I want them to sound as good as they possibly can. I’ve been waiting for the discussions to begin on the various upgrade levels before jumping in. My mistake…I need to become more involved. I appreciate the huge amount of time and effort you are investing in this project/discussion. I guess I need to thank everyone here for sharing their knowledge so openly with complete strangers.

I’m not sure how far I’ll go with this upgrade project; I’m looking forward to hearing all the pros/cons before deciding. I’m leaning towards an updated crossover. I am very interested in this forum and will become more involved.

Thanks again,

Dave

MRPO

HI Dave,

Happy to have you on board.

About third grade, we thats about where my behaviour is most of the time.

I'm a trouble maker and a pain in the arse and when I am not being good I'm stealing other kids lolly popps....but all the girls love me and I am a teachers pet so thats okay. Heck I should have been a politician.

So If you have a question just fire away...in reality this stuff is based on very simple principles. (its not rocket science)

The New Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID POHLER
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    The New Doctor.

Hey Ian:

I think there are more interested parties than you may think. I for one have been actively following the events on this forum for a couple years now; I feel like I know most of you guys. I feel a little intimidated in getting actively involved, especially when it comes to electronics; I’m on a third grade level compared to the electrical engineers here. I do however have good taste and a golden ear.

I have a pair of 4343B speakers, like so many others I want them to sound as good as they possibly can. I’ve been waiting for the discussions to begin on the various upgrade levels before jumping in. My mistake…I need to become more involved. I appreciate the huge amount of time and effort you are investing in this project/discussion. I guess I need to thank everyone here for sharing their knowledge so openly with complete strangers.

I’m not sure how far I’ll go with this upgrade project; I’m looking forward to hearing all the pros/cons before deciding. I’m leaning towards an updated crossover. I am very interested in this forum and will become more involved.

Thanks again,

Dave

Dave,

This thread is crying out for some pictures.

We would be delighted if you might post some pictures of your 4343B's.

As an entry point for you to participate if we could post some pictures of the stock passive crossovers we could then work up an action plan for upgrade options.

Please do not be concerned about the implementation... don't be.... there are a number of members who can assist.

The New Doctor

Thread Information