Due to a family health issue, I have had to devote my time to personal matters and pretty much stay away from this forum for the past five weeks. That issue is now over and I am back on a regular basis. It will take me some time to catch up but I have had the benefit of phone updates so I am not totally at a loss on recent events.

I would like to thank all of the moderators, and in particular Mr. Widget, for all of the work that they have done in maintaining this forum in my absence. It is in as good as or better shape than when I left.

There is only one issue that arose during my time away that I would like to comment on. It regards an incident of sock puppetry. For those unfamiliar with the term, it is defined here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sock_puppet

The incident in question was a modified version of sock puppetry regarding a member on this forum commenting positively on an Ebay auction that was theirs under a different moniker without identifying the connection. As can be seen from the above link, sock puppetry is pretty much universally recognized as unacceptable internet behavior and it is no different here. Anyone found engaging in this practice will be initially warned, and if that warning is not heeded, will be permanently banned.

My intent in raising this now is not to reopen old wounds as I know that this incident was heatedly discussed when it occurred. I just want to make clear the forum policy on this matter and I will be revising the forum rules accordingly. Otherwise, I continue to be impressed with the general level of decorum and useful information posted on this board.