Thread: I'm Back

I'm Back

Due to a family health issue, I have had to devote my time to personal matters and pretty much stay away from this forum for the past five weeks. That issue is now over and I am back on a regular basis. It will take me some time to catch up but I have had the benefit of phone updates so I am not totally at a loss on recent events.

I would like to thank all of the moderators, and in particular Mr. Widget, for all of the work that they have done in maintaining this forum in my absence. It is in as good as or better shape than when I left.

There is only one issue that arose during my time away that I would like to comment on. It regards an incident of sock puppetry. For those unfamiliar with the term, it is defined here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sock_puppet

The incident in question was a modified version of sock puppetry regarding a member on this forum commenting positively on an Ebay auction that was theirs under a different moniker without identifying the connection. As can be seen from the above link, sock puppetry is pretty much universally recognized as unacceptable internet behavior and it is no different here. Anyone found engaging in this practice will be initially warned, and if that warning is not heeded, will be permanently banned.

My intent in raising this now is not to reopen old wounds as I know that this incident was heatedly discussed when it occurred. I just want to make clear the forum policy on this matter and I will be revising the forum rules accordingly. Otherwise, I continue to be impressed with the general level of decorum and useful information posted on this board.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Hey, man... Welcome back.

Me thinks with the progress, though perhaps limited, of the moderative fold, you might could remove the eye patch, and cast both eyes on the growth, both in membership, as well as in some interesting topics and sharing over the past little while. The forumites as a whole are sustaining the respect for the eponymous namesake, and are working on many things JBL.

Jazz musicians enjoy themselves far more than anyone listening to them - This thought I love, and hold to be true, having schooled, and near majored on, double-valve bass trombone throughout HS and University.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Hi Don...

Welcome back....hope all is well with your family. It seems in your absence that many new and veteran LHFer's have struck up some local and global friendships. This is quite an exciting place to share and learn about JBL history past, present and future... and mighty, mighty generous of you and you associates to put together such a fine assemblage of historical archives and attract such knowledgeable and talented forumites.

Thanks for putting all of this together...unfortunately there are many times when I should be doing something else, but I find myself checking back in to see the latest threads....Great stuff!!!

A somewhat new member,

Edgewound

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"

welcome back Don....

glad to 'see' you back around.....

you've picked a good bunch of mods....

on another topic, I never realized that Canada has cowboys too.... A friend of mine just got back from a motorcycle trip that swung through Manitoba no it was Calgary -- and he was saying how they got there in just enough time to catch the last bit of the cowboys leaving.... I've never seen such a high concentration of ppl wearing cowboy hats outside of a country and western bar as he had documented in film.....

Welcome back....

Nice to see you, glad everything turned out OK!
    scottyj

Welcome back

Sock puppets? Sheesh, I learn something new every day. Sometimes they're things I don't want to know, but I guess I'm better off knowing.

Danke, Herr Kommandant.
    Out.

Glad to see you back!

And hope all is well with your family!

Ron

Thanks for the kind words. Everyone is well.

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv
    on another topic, I never realized that Canada has cowboys too.... A friend of mine just got back from a motorcycle trip that swung through Manitoba no it was Calgary -- and he was saying how they got there in just enough time to catch the last bit of the cowboys leaving.... I've never seen such a high concentration of ppl wearing cowboy hats outside of a country and western bar as he had documented in film.....
    For eight years I lived in Alberta (the province where Calgary is located) Cowboy hats and boots were the standard attire and pickup trucks with gun racks the standard vehicle for much of the Province. I never did fit in wearing dockers and driving a Corvette. Your friend likely got into Calgary just as the Stampede was ending. The Calgary Stampede is the world's largest rodeo, considerably larger than any in the US.

Don

Glad you are back and all is well.

Rob

Alex Lancaster
    I watched the Stampede 41 Years ago, how old is it?

jbl
    Welcome back. Hope all is well.

Thread Information