Thread: Market Place Issues

Market Place Issues

Regretfully I just deleted a thread in the Market Place area because it got a bit ugly with forum members who have had issues with each other in past eBay transactions. This is not the proper venue for venting one's frustrations with other forum members. We do not have an ombudsman and there is no mechanism for settling past disputes.

One reason that this issue came up today is that one forum member who posts under a name other than his eBay ID mildly promoted his own auction. There isn't currently a forum rule against this practice, but there will be from now on. We must operate under the honor system here. It is unacceptable to promote your auctions as an uninterested third party... many people come to this site for advice and it is gladly given, but if there is a conflict of interest it should be acknowledged.

Many of us, myself included, use eBay IDs that are different from our forum identities. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. But in the future if you choose to comment on an ongoing auction or other commercial interest you should make a disclaimer to that effect. In addition, if the auction or other commercial interest is being offered by a close friend or associate and you choose to endorse it you should mention your connection with the seller.
    Thank you,

Mr. Widget

I believe this forum issue has been resolved. Don will be amending the forum rules to make it clear on "sock puppet" antics and full disclosure in the Market Place area.

I'd like to thank all of the involved parties for once again proving that we can work through conflicts and return to our passion, the Lansing Legacy.

Widget

Thread Information