Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offensive Avatars and other postings

Crash
    Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    Here, kitty, kitty...
    I like BooBoo's kitty better. And he/she can dance!

Wow....nuthin like a good debate to stir things up a bit, huh? I never thought I might have to consider putting the "Lansing Heritage" forums on the computer's restricted website list....but, whatever...things in the world just seem to keep getting more ridiculous...so why not here?

I posted my opinion, and I appreciate your respect of it.

Thank you,

Edgewound

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    Parental settings on the computer anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Crash
    Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    I'm thinkin' you might just remember this one, too...
    Me? I'm new here. I only joined so I could see the pictures in the posts.

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"

please don't take this the wrong way.....

But, IMHO I feel that the bigger problem is ppl being so darn 'politically correct' that they refuse to engage in a bit of wordplay ,humor, or other interactions due to the 'possibility' that it may offend someone.... seriously... ppl get their panties in a wad over crap.....

When I first moved to Denver, I could not believe that not a single family run Italian restaurant (that I have found in the 5 YEARS I have lived here) had a 'wop salad' on the menu.... And I know that 'wop' is not the term to use in polite company, but most of the family run Italian restaurants that I used to frequent in NOLA had on their menus a 'wop salad' -- when I asked, everyone in Denver was just taken aback.... then I described what I was looking for, and if they had anything like it, It was called something like 'the family or house salad' or some other garbage..... I mean, if it offends you, Please stand up and say so.... but I refuse to live my life constrained by what may or may not offend 'someone' out there in the world....... adn I really don't care if I offend, to me; we should be offended at the amount of hunger in the world, or the lack of morals of our next generation (although I wish oral wasn't sex when I was in HS or middle school fo rthat matter), or the entitlement mentality that plagues certain sections of our society.....
    Last edited by louped garouv; 07-18-2005 at 02:03 PM. Reason: clarification

FWIW, I don't think this site is ridiculous. What I find ridiculous is a "Pup" blowing in here on a JBL charriot trying to clean house and set the World straight, according to his vision. Forming an ASS U MPTION, and reacting to it as though it were fact, is not a hallmark of Wisdom in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Me? I'm new here. I only joined so I could see the pictures in the posts.
    welcome in.... you dig JBL/Altec too?

nice pic Bo' -- Quality -- but does she have the gas face?

Oooooo, EMBROIDERY!

[That'll require UP CLOSE appreciation.... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Oooooo, EMBROIDERY!

[That'll require UP CLOSE appreciation.... ]
    no no man -- them be diamonds...... anyone care to polish?"

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    Wow....nuthin like a good debate to stir things up a bit, huh? I never thought I might have to consider putting the "Lansing Heritage" forums on the computer's restricted website list....but, whatever...things in the world just seem to keep getting more ridiculous...so why not here?

I posted my opinion, and I appreciate your respect of it.

Thank you,

Edgewound
    if you think this site is bad... ever visit www . whitehouse . com terrible stuff there

a little verse

"Sow to the wind, reap the whirlwind."

You guys are the breath of liberty to me.
    Out.

Well...I started this thread with a proposal to simply abide by the forum's own rules...and it's been quite compelling to read the responses. It seems that some agree and some don't...and that's perfectly ok...until personal attacks start to fly. Liberty doesn't mean Laissez Faire....and freedom comes with great personal responsibility to be shared among the liberated. Louped said if I was offended...say so....so I did....and I'm willing to accept the backlash. If no one speaks up...no one will....how's that for wisdom. I gotta get back to my chariot before the wheels are stolen.

Thanks for your indulgence...this is a great forum to speak my mind.

Edgewound

Well...I started this thread with a proposal to simply abide by the forum's own rules...and it's been quite compelling to read the responses. It seems that some agree and some don't...and that's perfectly ok...until personal attacks start to fly. Liberty doesn't mean Laissez Faire....and freedom comes with great personal responsibility to be shared among the liberated. Louped said if I was offended...say so....so I did....and I'm willing to accept the backlash. If no one speaks up...no one will....how's that for wisdom. I gotta get back to my chariot before the wheels are stolen.

Thanks for your indulgence...this is a great forum to speak my mind.

Edgewound
    I agree that the personal attack was probably not warranted, however it was not the most malacious nor abusive I have ever seen.....

Glad that you are able to vent....

there is a great tradition of "Laissez Faire" where I come from, almost as long a tradition as "Laissez les bon temp roulez" I think that some need both to have one!

for those who don't know:
    Laissez Faire = hands off, let it be; roughly
    Laissez les bon temp roulez = let the good times roll

Carry on.

Ever notice how new orleanians always want to have a good time and just carry on about nonsense......

Oh and BTW -- the earlier comment about the median/mean/mode age in here makes me feel like I am hanging out with a bunch of old farts..... I,m not 30 yet.......

JFWY.... let the stoning begin!
    Last edited by louped garouv; 07-18-2005 at 03:27 PM. Reason: to poke fun at the old farts.....

Hey...I thought that was pronounced..."'Nawlins" . Laffite's Blacksmith Shop is way cool....and the music and musicians in Louisiana...not just the The French Quarter are smokin'. Last time I was there was in 1987....unforgettable.

Edgewound

Hey...I thought that was pronounced..."'Nawlins" . Laffite's Blacksmith Shop is way cool....and the music and musicians in Louisiana...not just the The French Quarter are smokin'. Last time I was there was in 1987....unforgettable.

Edgewound
    true true..... it is when I speak -- you know what suprises me.... (Scott will get a kick ou tof this one) --- PPL are always asking me if I am from NYC or one of the burroughs.... guess it,s a simmilar lazy tounge, when I tell em no, i'm from NOLA; they always say -- 'oh I can hear it now"

I used to hang in Laffite,s occasionally --- had a friend that lived on Bourbon just down the way towards Esplanade.... I used to really hang out at the Cat's meow during the day (for the 3 for 1 specials -- anything they served) or Johnny White's (just around the corner from Cat's) after 3 for 1 ended (for the generous pours and low prices).....

surely miss the music scene as well...... favorite live music venue in NOLA is the Howling Wolf in the warehouse district -- followed closely by the original Tipitina,s (garden district/irish channel)....... (not sure if the OG tips is still open though)

If any of y'all are into Jazz -- the best time to visit NOLA is the last weekend in April/First weekend in May -- Jazzfest! .... I used to live in a duplex on Ponce de Leon St.... I could open My back door and hear the Ray Ban Stage (main stage) for FREE....... miss those days....... only thing was that everyone tried to steal my parking space.... but that is a story for another time..... kinda vulgar what I would do sometimes.....
    Last edited by louped garouv; 07-18-2005 at 04:04 PM. Reason: don't know where I'm from.... (misspelling)

Thread Information