Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offensive Avatars and other postings

Thread HiJack!

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv
    darn I thought I was the first to post for the JBL junkies..... and I really had no idea what it ACTUALLY was.... I thought it was a syringe from the listing title!

if anyone ever finds something I post to be in bad taste/offensive, pls just let me know -- I grew up in New Orleans, its a bit 'looser' down there, depending of course on where you hung out.........

and I don't find the smilie cartoons offensive, nor do I find "Fritz the cat" cartoon offensive -- although I realize that for some that cat cartoon may be pushing th eenvelope! different lines for different folks.......

Oh and about the spelling/grammar, I think I do alright for a two finger typist!

BTW I am in the process of pulling my photos off of the computer and naming them... should be posted by this weekend...... M19,s, A7 cabs, Wharfedale Airedales, L100,s, and my Preamp (UREI 1620).......
    Ah, New orleans! The very best food! I want to go to Commanders palace, and have Cornmeal fried Oysters with mayonaisse sauce, and Turtle soup! Then Im goin to Bourbon St, gonna go look up at the girls on the balcony doing what they do down there, and Im going to have breakfast at Brennans, with Turtle soup, again!

I have been to New Orleans many times, and I eat my way through that city!
    scottyj

offensive

Quote Originally Posted by tomt
    That's just wrong...

Reminder of forum rules

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Maybe it would be a good idea to go back and review the forum rules. If I understand correctly we all made an agreement when signing up for this so-called "adult audio oriented" forum....but it's very common to not read the fine print before checking the "I agree" box. Sorry...but I grew up in a household where the chief breadwinner, my late father, was a certified professional contracts administrator...and contracts do matter.

Edgewound

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    Ah, New orleans! The very best food! I want to go to Commanders palace, and have Cornmeal fried Oysters with mayonaisse sauce, and Turtle soup! Then Im goin to Bourbon St, gonna go look up at the girls on the balcony doing what they do down there, and Im going to have breakfast at Brennans, with Turtle soup, again!

I have been to New Orleans many times, and I eat my way through that city!
    you know..... I miss the food, cemetaries, and liquor laws more than anything else..... yeah the girls act real nice there too!

love commanders for lunch..... their turtle soup is divine -- food was much better there last time I went when Jamie Shannon was at the helm.... no offense to the previous chef, great menu designer, great personality -- dude just can't cook worth a damn.... I need to get back home and try the new executive chef's cooking -- I think his name is tory something or other.....

I used to hang out in Fat City, or up in the garden district more than on Bourbon.... a little more local... although picking up tourists was a blast as a kid...... we used to get into the clubs/bars when I was 11.... good times I tell ya.... That is of course unless we were partying across the 'lavendar line' St Ann (in the gay bars -- hardcore partying, even for straight folk)

Next time I come across it, I will email you the recipe for Charley G's crabcakes -- in the 92/96 timeframe -- they were considered the best in the city...... I knew the chef at the time.....

gotta admit it though, it was hard to excell at college level academics in that city...... we had a bor on campus and regullary walked into class with pitchers of beer or glasses of whiskey! guess that's why they pulled my full ride....

oh and to get this rant on topic --- I find it offensive that in most states they cut off liquor sales at 2AM (or whenever -- it,s 24/7 where I came from -- we used to run this club that opened thursday at 6 for the pool tourney and the place didn't close until 11 AM on Monday.... -- we used to sell sunglasses b/c NOBODY remembered to bring them in when they got there at 3AM) --- seems to be a public safety hazard to me....

Here in CO, they force all the drunks on the road at 1:30 AM...

doesn't it make more sense to NOT stop serving so that there is a trickle of people leaving the bars (say from midnight to 3 or 4 in the afternoon) instead of having every single drunk ass on the road at the same time????
    Last edited by louped garouv; 07-18-2005 at 12:10 PM. Reason: misspelling

Another foodie!

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv
    you know..... I miss the food, cemetaries, and liquor laws more than anything else..... yeah the girls act real nice there too!

love commanders for lunch..... their turtle soup is divine -- food was much better there last time I went when Jamie Shannon was at the helm.... no offense to the previous chef, great menu designer, great personality -- dude just can't cook worth a damn.... I need to get back home and try the new executive chef's cooking -- I think his name is tory something or other.....

I used to hang out in Fat City, or up in the garden district more than on Burbon.... a little more local... although picking up tourists was a blast as a kid...... we used to get into the clubs/bars when I was 11.... good times I tell ya....

Next time I come across it, I will email you the recipe for Charley G's crabcakes -- in the 92/96 timeframe -- they were considered the best in the city...... I knew the chef at the time.....

gotta admit it though, it was hard to excell at college level academics in that city......

oh and to get this rant on topic --- I find it offensive that in most states they cut off liquor sales at 2AM (or whenever -- it,s 24/7 where I came from -- we used to run this club that opened thursday at 6 for the pool tourney and the place didn't close until 11 AM on Monday.... -- we used to sell sunglasses b/c NOBODY remembered to bring them in when they got there at 3AM) --- seems to be a public safety hazard to me....

Here in CO, they force all the drunks on the road at 1:30 AM...

doesn't it make more sense to NOT stop serving so that there is a trickle of people leaving the bars (say from midnight to 3 or 4 in the afternoon) instead of having every single drunk ass on the road at the same time????
    See we could hang! I went to Fat City, been goin to Orleans since `79! Ate in all the famous restaurants, and these little out of the way places you had to know about to find! Some of the best edibles, ever!

Went to Emirils the first year they opened, we did the tasting menu! Absolutely incredible, never knew food could be that good!

You gotta love the stories they tell you about the dishes, where the vegatables grew up, how the chef cleaned em, why he cooks them the way he does, exactly how old the lamb was when he became a chop!

I also dig Alex Patout,s cooking!
    scottyj

Hello Edgewound

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Please define what vulgar means to you?? What is obscene?? Do we go buy what we see on network TV every night??? I agree in principle to the point you are making however enforcement is a difficult task in an open forum. If you use any of the Smilies Bo posted they could be considered obscene. A nice looking girl in an Avatar even a picture of your own wife could be considered as sexually orientated or vulgar if it's provocative.

Hey Scott

You know what I meant . So it is seven then.

Rob

next time you go down -- you gotta get a weavers po-boy, they are in Mid city....

I know you've prolly had a Mother,s po-boy (hopefully the debris), but my favorite was Weavers.... it,s behind Delgado community college -- just awesome....

and check out Gabrielle on Esplanade for high end dining as well..... My best bet for local seafood is Deanie's out in Bucktown.... the seafood platter had to be almost two feel tall......

I gotta go to NYC...... or next time I get back home, I'll let you know, maybe you can arrange to visit as well (I usually know at least 8 months in advance)

sorry for the thread hi-jack!

but when you talk food........

You know, I grew up in restaurant family... had 4 bean/star reviews written on MY cooking at 14... food has been good to me fo' sho'

Your ON!

Louped, there was the little place down the road, on the way to Fat City, at the end of Canal, they had, at that time, what I thought were the best Po Boys! That was the 5AM on the way back to the hotel stop!

Dont worry, when you come here, we have places here with great food too! Ill make a reservation for Peter Lugers, no visit to NY can be without.....

Yes, Rob, I did know what you meant!
    scottyj

Louped, there was the little place down the road, on the way to Fat City, at the end of Canal, they had, at that time, what I thought were the best Po Boys! That was the 5AM on the way back to the hotel stop!

Dont worry, when you come here, we have places here with great food too! Ill make a reservation for Peter Lugers, no visit to NY can be without.....

also at the end of canal, near the Metairie line is a place called the Beach Corner -- they had the best grilled rare tuna sandwiches (at 5AM or anytime for that matter) and this was before the craze for rare tuna started.... had to be late 80,s..... the only issue with that particular bar was that it was owned by ex-police officers.... best not go in if you were noodled out of your head....

I welcome you Mr. Cameltoe......... nice pic, when will you next be in Denver?

gotta admit that the mods are FAST..... into action

umm maybe not SOOOO fast.....

but I think that Miss Cameltoe may have a lot to offer our group..... maybe some one on one technical help!

darn kids -- summer break is BAD!

Edgewound, this has been hella fun - thanks!. Boys are blowing off some steam...

My grab is ignore what you don't like or don't feel you wanna contribute to, and we shouldn't layer-on CC&R's. We are pretty good at self governing, and get bored with this tripe fairly quickly. The Mod's watch for off-color, slander and wrong stuff. But we all like a good cabinet, now and again!
    Last edited by boputnam; 07-18-2005 at 04:52 PM. Reason: I was being silly...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

That was the 5AM on the way back to the hotel stop!

Much better time to be going home than 1:30 -- I can't even bring myself to go out that early.... when I worked in the club, I didn't even get the booth until 3AM..... but I know that NYC was pretty good about good parties as well.... the tunnel has some wicked memories for me..... never seen so blatent a disregard for common decency and law (outside of NOLA that is...)

Parental settings on the computer anyone?

I think the practicality of it is driven by our degree of control and influence.

Virtually anyone can join and and anyone can view these forums, there is no age limit I am aware of?

But what what are the forums?

Aside from the technical reference areas, most of this forum is about baby boomers (av age is 48) re living a passion for big boys toys.

This forum is not an AES convention although one or two like to lift whole pages of the journal and post here. Perhaps we should be more concerned about Copyright?

So I tend to not get too hung up on the content. The library is and will most likely remain the reference for historical and technical data.

Thread Information